1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Event DC to host ACA in 2011

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by HBIC, Jul 26, 2010.

1. HBIC

HBIC Thread Starter Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

The American Cichlid Association will be holding their annual convention July 19-24 2011 in Washington D.C. this year. I know it is a year away but I am SO excited I had to mention this.
    [youtube]exKYyS_SRG8[/youtube]

2. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

lol.
    thats a weird but funny way to promote.

3. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

Milwaukee 2010 was awesome

4. Ms. Wright

Ms. Wright Member

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:16 pm

I just found out that the 2011 A.C.A. Convention is going to be in Silver Springs, MD. For those of you who have never been, it's quite an event. Last one I attended was in Atlanta, about eight years ago. I worked a second, weekend job, to pay for that and the one on N.J. the year before.
    Nothing is listed yet, but you can usually count on hearing Ad Konings, Paul Loiselle, Pam Chin, and a heap of other good speakers. There are room sales, vendors' booths, a huge fish show, with an awards banquet, and a tremendous auction on the last day. Meeting people from forums where you post, which is always interesting. And lots of partying. (Pam Chin told me once "The A.C.A. is a drinking club with a fish problem")
    Anyway, pencil it in. It's one helluva great way to spend three days.

5. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

SS is only a 17 hour drive...hmmm I think I can get a few cichlid freaks that went with me to brew city can save some cash and drive down with me.(driving is easier, especially with mounted/heated livewells in the car)

If ANYONE has not attended an ACA annual convention, you are missing every little last bit of heaven on earth.

6. sccichlids

sccichlids Member

the aca is a nice convention, my husband and i are vendors at most of the conventions. the best of the best is the ohio cichlid association aka "OCA Extravaganza" held the weekend before thaksgiving. nice hotel cheap rooms and any fish you can imagine for sale. if i only could go to one ohio would be it.

7. HBIC

HBIC Thread Starter Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

I will be in D.C. FOR SURE!!!!

8. Alleycat

Alleycat Member

I'll be there too !! Milwaukee was great, Cinci terrific, Bring on DC

As in the last two years I'll be selling from my room and looking forward to meeting lot's new friends, as well as old...

Book your room's early :D