1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Loach Discus & YoYo Loach Question

Discussion in 'Loaches, Eels, Bichir' started by MOD_Dawn, Jan 5, 2011.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Thread Starter Active Member

I noticed something odd late last night, my yoyo loaches were skimming over the discus with their whiskers. Could they be trying to go after their slime coat? It sorta looks like their giving the discus a once over?
    Just curiousity on their part, or reason for concern?

For now, they've been pulled into the 20 divider until I find out for sure if they could be causing the discus harm...which I'm thinking not, but I don't want to take any chances.

ps. these are ADULT sized well fed YoYo Loaches :rolleyes:

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I've never heard of YoYo's eating the slime coat off fish... CAE's (Or might have been SAE's) are known to do this.

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Thread Starter Active Member

I just know they were cruising up and down the sides of the discus with their whiskers.
    I found one thing only online basically saying when their adults they have been known to harass older/slower fish and cause them disease due to stressing them from the constant pestering.

Hoping someone had first hand experience...don't know what to do with them [icon_question.gif]

4. Jeff W

Jeff W New Member

I would separate them. Especially with the Discus. Discus are shy to begin with and stress easily. If the loaches harrass to much it could cause problems.

Jeff