1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

dwarf zebra lion

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish Forum' started by lethalcustoms00, Apr 4, 2010.

1. lethalcustoms00

lethalcustoms00 Thread Starter Member

im buying a dwarf lion an imwondering if anybody has any practical experience about them to share. My tank is a 46 bowfront, has a 14k 250w light and righ now has a pair of 3 stripe damsels but they are gonna go away when the lion gets here if they cause problems

2. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

be very carfull when you are dealing with poisonous creatures. his spines are pretty for a reason, they eat only live foods and won't hesitate to stab you if you get too close to him. NEVER stick your hand within striking distance, EVER!

3. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

I had dwarf lions many, many years ago. So much has changed since then as far as set up and water conditions. Yes they do sting. I got stung more than once It's like a bee sting and hurts for days but that was it. Mine used to eat goldfish out of my hand. Depending on the sizes they my become dinner for the lion fish. They eat like pigs. I had 3 of them and they would kill anything I put in the tank.

4. lethalcustoms00

so i finally bought the lion i wanted and Im excited! My lfs doesnt have any sw feeders and i wont kill it using guppies and goldies. I jus ordered some sw feeders online though. I do have a few ghost shrimp and endlers to feedit for a few days till the good stuffshows up

5. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Hey congrates, You will have a ball with him. I feed mine goldies and never had a problem. What size is he? I would love to see a pic. (my goldies came from a breeder not the LFS)

6. lethalcustoms00

it is about 4inches now. Ill get pics as soon as i can

7. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Congrats. Those guys are really cool.

8. lethalcustoms00

does anybody know how much water flow is too much for a dwarf lion? I kninda feel like i my ave a bit much but im sure that in the ocean there is lots too.

9. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I believe they like calmer water. You don't want the water flow to be pushing him around all over the place exhausting him which will eventually lead to health problems.