1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Ebay Seller User ID: petnsmiles

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by LemonDiscus, Nov 8, 2008.

1. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Thread Starter Active Member

Ebay Seller User ID: petnsmiles
    Texas - Ships All USA

I have made 2 purchases from this guy. Purchase one was 1 Amazon Sword. He ALWAYS charges $5.80 on shipping and NEVER more no matter how many plants you buy! The Sword arrived in GREAT shape (never seen one so big and green in a LFS!) I paid $1.05 on auction plus the shipping cost but was VERY pleased as I paid the same price for this as the stunted ones from Petsmart.

The second order was a bit more. I figured this guy had great plants and went back to him. I ordered the following and listed next to them were the condition of the plant:
    ANUBIAS BARTERI - Great Shape, nice and green!
    AMMANIA GRACILIIS - Leaves looked shriveled but later took to my tank and has grown. Was not happy upon arrival.
    AMAZON SWORD - 2 small plants bundled together and were rather yellow. Again not too happy upon arrival but seem to be recovering now a few days later.
    CHAIN SWORD - This stuff was crap upon arrival. It WAS DEAD :( I planted it anyhow and some rhizomes are coming back (4 of 8) they may all come back but these are already sprouting new leaves. Time will tell...
    JAVA MOSS - Arrived brown and looked like crap off of the bottom of the moss ball that did not get light. Again, a few days later and it is greening up.

I emailed the seller and stated my dis-satisfaction. He emailed me back he would ship out a duplicate order again (on him) and that occasionally these type of orders do happen. (I guess because of mail handling which is where I think they deteriorated.)

I should be getting the order in today and will state how it came out. If he lives up to his promise then even with the mishap, he is still a great seller with good products for a GREAT price!

2. LemonDiscus

Ok, I got the new plants in today. He shipped to where I will get them properly without the plants getting stuck in the Post Office during Veterans Day.

He did not ship quick because he had to re-order himself..... the 2nd batch of plants were great. I will buy from him again. Great Customer Service (sometimes hard to find on e-Bay).

3. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

lol so you got 2 for the price of one :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

4. LemonDiscus

Not really, some of the first batch did die. All of the chain swords in the first batch died. The Amazon Swords went into shock going into my tank, and still are in shock from the first batch and the red stuff is hanging on just barely.

I did get 2 Anubias though. The 2nd Anubias was perfect. I would not quite put it that way... more like 1/2 for the price of 1. I have got all 5 Amazon Swords to stay alive :) barely though

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Thanks for the review Lemon, I just placed a fairly descent order with him.
    320325316080 Live Aquarium Aquatic Plants LUDWIGIA REPENS fb089 1 $2.99 USD $2.99 USD
    320325316088 Live Aquarium Aquatic Plants O Japonica fb100 1 $2.99 USD $2.99 USD
    320325316100 Live Aquarium Aquatic Plants MICROSWORDS fb082 1 $2.99 USD $2.99 USD
    320325316104 Live Aquarium Aquatic Plants VALS ASIATICA fb116 3 $2.99 USD $8.97 USD
    320325316118 Live Aquarium Aquatic Plants JAVA MOSS fl152 2 $0.99 USD $1.98 USD
    320325316130 Live Aquarium Aquatic Plants CHAIN SWORD fb060 1 $2.99 USD $2.99 USD
    320325316130 Live Aquarium Aquatic Plants CHAIN SWORD fb060 1 $2.99 USD $2.99 USD
    320325316183 Live Aquarium Aquatic Plants HYGRO DWARF fb121 1 $2.99 USD $2.99 USD
    320325316183 Live Aquarium Aquatic Plants HYGRO DWARF fb121 1 $2.99 USD $2.99 USD
    320331921804 Live Aquarium Aquatic Plants BANANA PLANT fl172 1 $2.99 USD $2.99 USD
    220339757618 Live Aquarium Aquatic Plants ROTALA WALLICHI fb107 1 $2.99 USD $2.99 USD
    220339757614 Live Aquarium Aquatic Plants LUDWIGIA ARCUATA fb088 1 $2.99 USD $2.99 USD
    Hopefully they will arrive in good condition the first time :)

6. scottdrag

scottdrag New Member

i used him aswell i got some java moss 2 java ferns. and some kind of a grass they arrived fast and very alive.

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Cool. thanks for the re-confirmation on them :)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I placed an order with this company last week or the week before, does there shipping normally take this long?

9. LemonDiscus

He usually ships on Mondays for 2 day express.... so, you should have it tomorrow if you ordered between Wed and Friday of last week.

10. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Nelson, I purchased from them on the 16th and was told I would have them by the following Monday...when they didn't arrive I contacted them to see what was up and they told me they were waiting until their new plant order came in on Sunday since my order was rather large & only wanting the best plants for it. They told me my order will now arrive tomorrow the 29th. When I check the tracking link it just says: The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 21, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later. Their supposed to be coming to me USPS Priority Mail. I'll let you know if mine come in tomorrow!

11. LemonDiscus

Correct... he sends USPS 2 day priority

12. scottdrag

scottdrag New Member

he sent mine usps priority

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

thats the same thing....

14. LemonDiscus

:)

15. scottdrag

scottdrag New Member

sorry i missed read thought it said ups

16. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

update: still have yet to receive and tracking reads the same! Any luck w/ your order Nelson?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

nope nothing, I am thinking about sending them a message here in a little while.

18. LemonDiscus

I would

19. scottdrag

scottdrag New Member

thats weird i got mine darn fast

20. LemonDiscus

Same here..... I had one order (the one he sent me to replace the bad order), that one did take longer than the others. I contacted him and he said his current order was not that great so I had to wait for the next order.... a few days after that order came in I had my plants...

scottdrag & Dawn: How were the plants when you got them? Were they of good quality? Just curious. I have seen his come in both ways. His worst were still better than many pet stores sell. That was my experience though.