1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Ebay Seller User ID: petnsmiles

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by LemonDiscus, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

fyi he shipped mine parcel post, wah wah waaaaaaannnnnnnnn, last time i buy from this guy.

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

What's the estimated time on parcel post ?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

2-9 days, the plants will probably arrive alive, but if I want to wait this long I'll just pay cheaper price and order from overseas.

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

:eek: Hope you get live plants and not green liquid.

5. scottdrag

scottdrag New Member

wow thats sucks

6. Ryanstech

Ryanstech New Member

keep this thread going guys, I'm torn between ordering from him and not. good selection and prices, im tempted. anyone know where he ships from?

7. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

According to eBay, Smiley, TX, United States.

8. Ryanstech

Ryanstech New Member

I think I'll give it a shot

9. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Thread Starter Active Member

Texas as noted on his ebay account.

I am nervous if he sent parcel post.... that is not good :eek:

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I got them today, havent really had a chance to get a real good look at the plants (had to go to class when the mail came and just dumped them into the tank). I did notice that one of the plants I got looks really dark green and almost translucent (slimy). Im going to head back there and do some work on the tank later tonight, so I will update later.

11. LemonDiscus

If they dont come out nice, email him your honest thoughts.... he was quite responsive when I did that! You may have to wait another week but he should replace them with another order.

12. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Okay, my order arrived this evening finally.

I already posted positives on the ones that came okay or came back to life so to speak once they were placed inside the tank and notified the seller of the ones that aren't seeming salvageable to make them aware of it (Repens, Moss, Arcuata).

Response time to questions or concerns is extremely fast! They've already responded to my questions/concerns on the Repens, Moss, and Arcuata...Heres a copy and paste:

In regards to the repens (COPY--> It can die off in the cold. Repens are hardy, but not hardy when ship in cold weather. I will credit back to your account.

In regards to the moss (COPY-->If it is dark green it is alive. If all brown it is dead. Please make sure and get back to me. THanks.

In regards to the Arcuata --Haven't received a response

The shipping time was slow imo especially since they claim they were waiting for new plants that they receive every Sunday in order to fulfill my order with the nicest plants possible. HOWEVER, my order was placed on Friday the 16th... shortly before Sunday ...and my order should have been acquired from Sunday the 19th and not Sunday the 26th imo.

How the plants were packed:
    arrived in USPS Priority mail box with the shipping costs not displayed...inside the box they were placed in a styrofoam take home food container and had ?rolled styrofoam placed around the roots and metal bands placed over that. Inside the takeout container their was a very tiny ?hot pack--mind you it was ice cold to the touch; but again, it's winter and it was in transport 3 days).

Shipping costs/value: Just try and beat $5.80 for the amount of order that I placed...for those of you that read the forum you'll come across where I stated I ordered elsewhere paying much more in shipping fees.

How the actual Plants arrived: bitterly cold and a couple were thinned/transparent when talking about the leaves/blades, some were severely discolored (ie. black/brown), and one was completely stalks of melted slime. All had very good rooting despite this!

Which ones were nice and which ones were crap?
    1)JAVA MOSS- black in color --attempting to place toward the top of the tank to see if it will revive
    2)CHAIN SWORD- a couple of the blades were transparent, but definately salvageable
    3)ROTALA WALLICHI -Colored back up as soon as it hit the water
    4)O JAPONICA - arrived perfect and looked good to me!
    5)MICROSWORDS-really large bunch and looked great (estimate about 4+" when stretched, much larger bunching than my local lfs)
    6)VALS ASIATICA - nice long blades, good coloration, with a few tips being transparent..but nothing major.
    7)HYGRO DWARF- Arrived nothing like the picture believe you me! Came as single cuttings with 2 large lavish leaves and one tiny one...Very good in color and shipped excellently
    8)BANANA PLANT-Two leaves running off were transparent halfway down them, 2 of the banana tips were brown...overall the grouping and condition was much better than the ones I've seen in lfs
    9)LUDWIGIA ARCUATA- arrived poorly & very brown...however it looks like it will be okay since it is starting to slowly "pink" back up.
    10)LUDWIGIA REPENS- Let's just say it didn't arrive...it was slimey, melted and leaves ran off like the plague when I attempted to place it in water.

Would I order again?: Probably since the shipping was cheap and the bulk of the order came through okay, however I'd be a bit more cautious of what I ordered and when I ordered it. But it was winter, and I really was tired of looking at the eco-complete after the disaster of the previous plants. Plus the husband had to pay (literally)..Haha!

13. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Update: Refunded the cost of the moss

14. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Update: Also refunded for the repens

15. LemonDiscus

Thats good.... your right the best part is the $5.80 shipping AND the plants are all sold at or near wholesale so you really cant beat the prices....

I got that same container on the second bunch of plants.... the first order I placed was a single Amazon Sword that was actually shipped in a fish bag inflated!

The wrapping on the roots DOES really help save the plant from a lot! They almost always come great even if the green on the plant is bad.

16. scottdrag

scottdrag New Member

i sorry your stuff got held up some where or something but this guys is really good about his plants.

17. LemonDiscus

The part I liked about him was his customer service! If you have a problem he understands and takes care of it!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

All my plants are crap, there was no heatpack in the bag, same styrofoam box. I will never buy from this guy again, and I cannot recommend him to anyone. The quality of these plants compared to the quality of plants I ordered from overseas does not even compare.

19. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Update, I came home to find most of the plants now have transparent mushy looking stems and don't know what from.

I have contacted the seller with the following: COPY (--> Please help! My husband called and notified me that something is wrong with most of the new plants that I have ordered from you. The two leaves running off the banana plant are transparent and like mush/slime, the Hygro Dwarf Cuttings are the same (it appears to be occuring from tip to root if that makes sense), the Chain Swords are also being affected as are the vals.
    Apparently it occured over night or sometime into the morning/afternoon....Can you please tell me why this is occuring on these plants and what I can do about it? I told my husband to clip the leaves on the Hygro cuttings that were the absolute worst (averaging 2 of the 3 leaves)...I am now home and have found that clipping the worst leaves off is not making any difference.
    Please advise what to do,
    Thank you!

I WOULD NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER AGAIN!

Can anyone tell me why this has occured when all my other newer plants are already showing excellent growth and coloration? So far I have clipped the worst of the leaves, tried a 25% water change after removing a majority of the slime, and added some Flourish iron thinking maybe they didn't have enough from shipping?..Is their anything else I can do, and what would cause this to happen to them?

20. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Delayed damage due to the cold ?