1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Ebay Seller User ID: petnsmiles

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by LemonDiscus, Nov 8, 2008.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I am majorily ticked now, is there anything I can do to salvage these plants or do I pretty much have to chuck them?

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I'd say they're likely trash. Can you take any pictures so I (we) can see exactly what they look like ?

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I tried two quick shots before the battery flashed red and the camera shut off, neither shot can you see clearly what I'm talking about. On the vals they are transparent and thin from tip to root and look sorta mushy if that makes sense, on the arcuata its the leaves that look that way but it looks to be occuring from the tip and working it's way down to the widest part of the leaf (if that makes sense), the chain swords appear the same in meaning its starting at the tips and as the time passes it it looks to be heading towards the root, the hygro dwarfs were the fastest to go...their entire leaves and where it appeared new ones were beginning are all transparent/extremely thinning (the stalk/stem on this one seems okay).

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I still think the cold is the reason. If it is then it will probably kill everything.

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Other plants around them included?
    So I should defin. toss them?

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Oh no, not the plants around them as well. When I said everything I meant the roots included. I think I would trash them soon. They may make a big mess in your tank if they stay in too long and start to break down completely.

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

OKay, to the trash they go. Still waiting to hear back from the seller as I definately expect a refund (Waiting for mush is bs)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

the valis I ordered was the same and I tossed it immediately. I sent him and email about my feelings on the order and he replied with, "Do you want me to replace them?" and thats all. I am debating on whether or not I shoud tell this guy how I really feel and tell him I dont want a refund or a replacement, that I would rather him keep my money than to have to ever deal with him again.

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

mine was a larger order as you can tell, I got a response and he refunded me for everything that was bad as I had asked him to do. I defin won't be ordering again...maybe the weather, maybe bad plants from the get go...not really sure, but I'm not dealing with them again. The seller suggested I trim all the mushy transparent leaves off and leave just the stem/stalks remaining and give them a few days and let him know if they fall apart or not.

Nelson, if I were you I'd go with the refund and mental note of the experience with them (if you got them from ebay off of him you can make a note under it saying plants were mush or something to remind you).

Sorry you went through the same as me basically, I was hoping I was the fluke.

10. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Nelson, I would simply reply "Please refund my money." and be done with it. There's no reason for you to be out anything due to his faulty shipping.