1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Eheim Aquaball?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by heatherine, Feb 10, 2011.

1. heatherine

heatherine Thread Starter Member

I tried doing a search for this product on this forum but didn't really get much info as far as feedback. Anyone use these? If so, what is your opinion. I'm thinking of getting one for the 30 gal and/or 25 gal. They sure do look cool! I'm looking for an internal filter that's not as cumbersome as the whispers I have (they don't hang very well on the tank, and I have to leave 1-2" empty at top of taknk, otherwise operate very well). Any reviews/suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I had one and sold it to Anthony because I didn't like in tank filters, that and the friggin thing was so powerful it blew the fish away when I had it in the 10g. Try asking him how it worked, he might be able to tell you a bit more.

Just curious, but why no hob or canister?

3. heatherine

Both are harder because of space issues. I need the tanks to fit fairly flush to the wall, plus I've yet to find a hob that's very quiet. Canisters are probably out because I don't have any space for them underneath the tanks. Also, I'm kind of "scared" of canisters as I've never used them and they seem so complicated (?). On my 55 and 6 tanks I have whispers and the 25 is an eclipse enclosed system (love it, although the filter could do a better job imho).

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I don't use the one I got from Dawn so you're welcome to it if I can find it. I'm pretty sure it's in the box with extra fish stuff I have in the garage.

5. heatherine

That would be great! I'd love to give it a try. What would you ask for it?

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Not much at all. Just a little more then shipping cost.

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I was scared of canisters before I had one too, but now love the rena filstar's (xp4's) that I run and wish I had gotten one much sooner.
    quick disconnect makes it a breeze to remove for maint, their quiet (I run them in my bedroom), they require literally less than 2" behind (or on side) of tank depending how you place it. And if you have no room beneath the stand, they can possibly sit on the side if space is a factor.

You can check out the review I did on them with photos, they really are easy to use (anthony has one now too I think) and will back me up here. Rena Filstar XP4 Aquarium Filtration System

But the aquaball on a 10g was TOO strong, something bigger would be no issue and theirs a good bit of room for media inside. I think you can "expand" them somehow too?

Eureeka! I found it in the arch...the one I sent to Anthony was the Eheim Aquaball 2206 Filter

!Bb3mjzw!Wk~$(KGrHqMH-DkEquDH4Y5mBKyCed1j!!~~_35.jpg !Bb3mk3!BGk~$(KGrHqMH-DsEqvByOk3fBKyCensJEw~~_35.jpg Eheim%252520aquaball%2525202206.jpg