1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

emergency or fixable?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by Anonymous, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I just set up another 55 gallon tank last night and i went to check it out this morning and noticed the center support that goes across the top of the tank was cracking away from the front side of the black rim. I quickly made a support out of plywood that goes across the top and partway down both sides to hold it together. i measured and at the ends of the tank it measures 12 5/8" and where the support is cracking its at just a hair over 12 3/4" so its bowing out about an eight of an inch in the middle. Is my tank going to explode or can i make something more permanent to go across the top of the tank? or am i better of draining the thing before something bad happens.
    thanks

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I'm pretty sure someone makes a replacement support for tanks. I can't remember the name of it right now but many someone else does. Until then I'd drain part of the water, as much as you can without causing any problems for anything in the tank.

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Here ya go. This isn't exactly what I was talking about but it's a full replacement frame for the tank.
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=43" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=43</a>

4. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

sweet, and cheap too i woul dhave thought it to be at least 50 bucks.
    thanks alot you guys always seem to have the answer.

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

You could just silicon in a peice of glass or acrylic instead of ordering something