1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

endlers question

Discussion in 'Livebearer Fish' started by Fla_Larry, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Fla_Larry

Fla_Larry Thread Starter New Member

have been researching endlers for a few weeks now and have a few questions.

Class N are considered pure and traceable back to ... ?
    Class P are considered pure but not traceable... ?

how is tracing done/documented etc
    is there some sort of governing body or is this just an informal type thing.

what prevents anyone from saying a particular line is traceable back to anyone/where if no real documentaion is monitored etc

who are the better breeders, sellers etc

i see thay can be had from Aquabid by one of the gentlemen that captures from the source location i assume.

2. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

anthony could help you with this i think N you cant trace and P os you could i think

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I believe its just the opposite steven, class N can be traced and class P if they can't be traced back to Venezuela. I believe the N's are supposed to be pure strain.

Again, this is Anthony's area of expertise imo. I'm sure he'll chime in and give you additional information.

4. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

lol nvm then

5. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Class N is traceable back to their collection site. Class P are "pure" but not traceable. There's really no documentation on their origin which is why you should always buy from a reputable breeder.

6. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

Anthony has spoken ;)

7. Fla_Larry

Fla_Larry Thread Starter New Member

ok, so pretty much an informal thing?

if someone decided to be less than honest shall we say, they could make any statement as to class, and there would be no real way to check.

now on the other hand lets say i decide i wish to get involved with breeding endlers. and i aquire some "N" Endlers, someone who does not know me but may know others could say i am not a reputable breeder because no one really knows me yet or at least until i did aquire a suffecient reputation to be known as a reputable breeder.

No i am not looking to just aquire, breed, and sell. The question more stems from the point of .... WHO determines who the reputable breeders are?

and WHO Are the reputable breeders? being a noob to endlers if i wished to start i only know of two confirmed as they are the originals, now Anthony appears to also now be on that list just based on the posts and information i have seen him dispense.

how would a say 14 yo kid find out this stuff?
    Endlers do not look hard to breed they look hard to KEEP from breeding.
    it's all the other stuff.

and is there any shows orgs like the Fancy Guppy crowd does / have?

8. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

They are not hard to breed and practically IMPOSSIBLE to stop :)

9. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Unless the Endler's were clearly hybrids and/or you know what a pure Endler looks like it wouldn't be hard for someone to claim they are class N and you not know otherwise.

Like a lot of things online, reputation goes a long way. In the beginning if you want to sell them you may have to sell them cheap to provide proof they are not hybrids.

IMO the only people I would buy them from knowing they are 100% class N or wild caught would be Adrian or Paul. My little guys came from Adrian over 2 years ago.