1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Extremely Frustrated! Woke up to dead fish!?!

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish Forum' started by Anthony, Jan 22, 2009.

1. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

Re: Extremely Frustrated !

I'm so sorry. It just sucks that you never found out what actually did it. I'm thinking twice about doing the 75 gallon now. This has got me real nervous about it.

2. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Same here :confused:

3. lostanime

lostanime New Member

Dont freak out too bad - running a 75 is an entirely different animal from running a 30. Any particular action would have 50% less impact on water quality and critters which can make an exponential difference in your chance of success (i.e. once "a" is reached, "b" dies which causes "c" levels/conditions to be reached, causing "d" to die... snowballing)

I feel horrible for Anthony's situation, but I'm sure even he would recommend starting SW with larger tanks. It's a challenge to do such a small tank.

4. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Like nelson also said he just popped by in the salt water section,, I did to, I feel so bad for you anthony,, your tank looked so awesome and clearly you really loved it,, I hope you find out what happened soon

5. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

Thanks for the support everyone. I feel bad too but it got to a point where I really didn't want to attempt it any longer without knowing exactly what was the cause of it and I nor the fish store had any idea judging by my water tests.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

i had the same problem a few month back, and i figured it out that the current wasnt breaking the water level to allow the fish to get oxygen, I only had a few fish die and all the rest were at the top breathing heavily. I put a air stone and air pump directly into the sump and turn a powerhead directly towards the top of the water to break the surface. and they all survived after that. It sounds like it may be a oxygen problem to me...?????

7. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

I had quite a bit of surface movement and that's been the same since the tank was setup.

8. luckylouse

luckylouse New Member

LOL. This is a true mystery diagnosis!!!

9. Benji

Benji New Member

Very odd i had a strange death in my aquarium also i bought a beautiful yellow coral the ppl down at the store did not even know what kinda of poylp it was but i bought it anyways because it was a one and a only in my region turns out it had been pulled from ocean only a week earlier mabe thats why $6o died randomely on the bright side it is very neat to look at even when dead with all the new things that are growing on it after cleaning it well