1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Fairly Shrimp Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by MasterBlue, Jan 1, 2012.

1. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Thread Starter Active Member

So, I set up a 10 gallon to hatch out some fairy shrimp, new video oppertunities and stuff. (Video Blog-ish stuff)

It's a bare bottom tank with an air stone, the air stone will be replaced with a sponge filter once the Fairy Shrimp are old enough to escape it (7 days old).

2. MasterBlue

Day five or six now, and they are ready for "solid" food supplements.
    I'm thinking of dissolving one of those "complete" Multivitamins and mixing with fish food and algae waffers and make a soup that way. Fairy Shrimp are "filter feeders", at least till they reach a certain age (I had some really old ones eat daphnia! It was both impressive and frightening!

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

what about frozen baby brine shrimp, hikari first bites which is basically a powder, or something like azoo powdered artemia (sp)?

Just a few thoughts that might be easier and cheaper for ya.

4. MasterBlue

These aren't for food. These are to have in a tank, like any other fish.

5. MasterBlue

Added the sponge filter, water is a thick white, in a few days it will become a green color as the algae over takes the bacteria.
    Fairy shrimp are too small for a water change. If they wouldn't die from shock, they still would die from the force of the water.

6. MasterBlue

Sponge Filter was a success =D Water is only a sorta murky green instead of a thick green. (But they EAT green water, so why do I complain?)

7. MasterBlue

ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg300_blueboy171_101_1110.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
  8. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

Holy a lot of shrimp! Lol awesome idea! It's like a super sea monkey tank! Lol