1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

FAMA

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by cooltow1, Apr 15, 2010.

1. cooltow1

cooltow1 Thread Starter Member

I just got a post card in the mail from FAMA magazine. They stated the Freshwater and Marine Aquarium magazine will no longer be available as of July 2010. It was one great magazine. I have been getting it for a few years and I will miss it very much.

For all of you fish loving people out there. I want to let you know that they are still sending out cards for you to subscribe to the magazine. So don't. They do have another good magazine to replace this one. It is called Aquarium Fish International.

Rick

2. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

Aww bummer.
    Oh well. Can't do anything about it.

3. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Goes to sow you the hobby is dwindling. FAMA's been around for years.

4. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

It's such a shame.
    I find plenty of people who USED to be big into aquariums, but very few that still are...

5. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

It seems to me people are not as concerned about the enviornment as they were in the 60's, 70's and 80's. I'm afraid we will be seeing more animals on the extinct list growing.

6. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

It's because humans feel superior and excluded from the world.

I mean really!

I can't wait till we build giant bubbles around our cities and become so separated from the outside that we forget there is an outside.

7. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

When I was little we lived in the middle of a cornfield in a run down shack, Now it's a golf course and huge $1,000,000 homes. Whatever happened to "conservation of wilderness" I don't even hear of Smokey the bear anymore.

8. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

(cornfields aren't actually nature)
    Smokey lost popularity when we found that fires are actually good for forests. (I still see commercial on cartoon network from time to time, and the radio station they play at work has a commercial or two from time to time.)
    Golf courses are actually not too bad. So long as they stock the water traps with fish. Mice, birds. bugs all live in the trees.

But still.... I bet it was sooo cool to run through the corn when you were a wee one!

9. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

It's just the snobbery of the rich in there gated sealed away communities, Where they don't even know there next door nieghbor. (or even want to know the nieghbor) It cost back in the 80's $25,000 just to join the golf course. I used to have my expensive house and BMW, but always knew my nieghbors. Even know on disability and lost everything over the years I still talk to my nieghbors.

10. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

Aww =(

It's too bad... People have changed an awful lot over time... Then again, we are a violent and bloody race. (I'm not a very good "people" person, so I'll drop this topic...)

11. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Your a great people person and don't you forget it!

12. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

Don't remind me T.T;

I'll rephrase that. I don't like humans. (You guys are ok tho, friends aren't humans =P)

13. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Humans are just a sub-catagory in the mammal animal kindom.

14. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

Human is a common name for the invasive species Homo sapiens.

15. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Homo Sapiens do not really have a preditor species so to control population they kill each other. Just another animal charactetristic of Homo Sapiens.

16. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

Oh, we had predators. We just learned to kill them first. Then we learned to kill everything else, just to be sure.