1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Feeding time for my Wolf

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Mudfrog, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Mudfrog

Mudfrog Thread Starter New Member

Just a quick video of my mala eating some beef heart and tilapia fillet. Ignore the date and time stamp, I couldn't turn it off but it's wrong..

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eyVjTc8NIus&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eyVjTc8NIus&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

2. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

I dont like predators :)
    But he acually looks nice :)
    Good video ;)

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

ewl..look at those teethies. Is he flossing? Looks like he's got a few missing (j/k).

4. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

is it possible to put those works together like that? btw nice wolf

5. Mudfrog

Predators are great fish. They have personality and they leave you wondering if your going to get bit or not :)

6. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Thats why I dont like predators :)

7. werdo

werdo Member

dude all i can say is that fish is awsome id love to have 1 i used to get a kick out of watchin my old oscars eat goldfish but he beats that hands down!

8. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

thats nothing lol [sarcasm] [sarcasm] you got to get a school of pirahnahs a Arapaima Gigas thats about 1.5ft now we can have some fun!

9. werdo

werdo Member

lmao sounds like a good time to me

10. Mudfrog

But this guy eats piranha ;) It's native name is Trahira which translates to "Piranha Eater"..

11. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

yea if it was 1vs1 and if i t was a baby pirahnah but if it was like 20 adults i think we know how thats gonna end lol [rofl]

12. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

Cool fish!!! Looks like he could take a finger or two...

13. Mudfrog

This just shows you don't know much about piranha ;) Obviously your referring to Red Belly Pirnanha.. they are actually quite wussy. They do attack in groups yes.. but their primary target is sick and dying fish / animals and they always attack from behind. There is a documentary on the amazon.. i'll look for the link in a few. But it shows a school of piranha (maybe 10-12) surround a wolf fish. The wolf fish put it's body at an angle with it's tail against the ground taken away any possibility of them attacking his tail without him getting a bite in on the piranha. They left and ended up attacking a sick angel fish.

There is a guy on MFK who has a 300g tank with RBP and a wolf. He said the wolf runs the tank.. quite frankly I'm surprised that the wolf has not killed the piranha yet.

And 20 on 1.. yes lets be realistic.. chuck liddell would kick my butt.. but 20 of me vs him and I'd kick his butt. 20 wolves against 1 piranha :roll: .. I mean why even compare the two?

I have owned both RBP (when they were legal in VA) and the wolf so I speak from experience. I can easily tell you have owned neither.. So next time please speak in facts and not on the "Piranha Myth" that hollywood has led everyone to believe ;)

Ok I'm done.. no hard feelings man.. just people seem to think Piranha are the most lethal thing out there and most people don't have a clue.

Now the Gigas.. yea he'd take out "most" wolves.. in one swallow ;) :)

14. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

haaha probally true since pirahnahs were illegal before i was born i never got a chance to own them YET [sarcasm] pirahnahs are wussys but it their starving and theirs a group of them you never know what will happen maybe maybe not. :) :)

15. Mudfrog

Nah I agree with you.. in their numbers they are strong.. but thats the case with anything.

Didn't mean to rant on ya man.. I just get tired of people posting on my youtube vids "My 2" piranha would kill your 20" wolf"

;)

16. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

haha yea i agree with you 2 pirahnahs cant really do any damage to anything its all in the numbers

17. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

A wolf will magicly make the 2'' piranha dissapear :eek:

18. werdo

werdo Member

lol iv had 1 black pirahnah he was lame i spent $40 on him and it felt like a wast of money but i ended talkin to a breeder of pirahnahs in town and i traded it for 5 african cichlids and to me it was one of the best trades iv ever done lol but thats just me

19. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

black pirahnah for 40$? if im not wrong that should bea steal for you thin they ussually go for 80 not surethnk it was

20. werdo

werdo Member

i got it from a guy on craigs list in the store here probably between $65 to $100 for any pirahnah