1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Feeding time for my Wolf

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Mudfrog, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Mudfrog

Mudfrog Thread Starter New Member

Yea $40 for a black rhom is a steal.. but the only way I'd own one is as an adult.. they just take too long to grow..

2. werdo

werdo Member

lol ya mine wasnt that big at all and i like a nice school tank but i dnt want to have to pay $200 for a school of 4 fish lol

3. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Thats how I think So I just stick with them freshwater fishies like tetras :)

4. Mudfrog

Mudfrog Thread Starter New Member

Black Rhoms are not a schooling fish.

5. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

thats not that bad i paid a lot more for 1 fish i bought a wide bar dat for 800$ 13" but sold him out when he turned 15" for 1000+$ [dancing] [dancing] [dancing]

6. werdo

werdo Member

Damn i dnt c me spending that much on 1 fish enless it was a red arrowana

7. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

you mean red chili asian arowana? to bad because they can easily be 4k+ so if you see one for 1k snatch it up lol

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Just adding my $0.02, but Mudfrog is right. Piranha really aren't what they're made out to be. It's their teeth that make them "vicious". Just watch when you feed your fish something like shrimp or worms, they go nuts too. The only difference is they don't have huge teeth, but they rip those worms to shreds.

Piranha are only tough in numbers. I've seen a video of a piranha juvenile in a tank of gourami and he stayed in the corner. And I am 100% positive it wasn't a pacu if anyone is thinking that.

The real predators hunt alone. One of my favorites are the South American Leaf Fish. They wait in a bush of leaves camouflaged, waiting for the perfect strike.

Basically, 20 of anything versus 1 can usually take the kill.

9. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

yea true but their really different though one real predetor would ussually eat the everything in one bite or chew and bite one it but pirahnahs will all rush and attack all at the same time yea and if it was one pirahana they are scared because one bite then all attack and like wait for each other to signal to attack lol

10. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl New Member

i know this post is a bit old but that's an awesome fish. i wish my puffer was the evil looking and ate like that. But my puffer is just the cute little innocent looking kind, then out of no where, he's a killer :D