1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

feldspar

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by dutoits, Apr 2, 2010.

1. dutoits

dutoits Thread Starter New Member

is Feldspar safe for use in fishtanks?

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Yes feldspar is perfectly safe for aquarium use.

3. dutoits

Thanks, glad to hear that. I got plenty nice pieces, now I can get to work a bit on them to provide hiding holes. They will provide a nice backdrop for the darker coloured fish.

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

What type of fish are you keeping ?

5. dutoits

I want to use it my 500liter loach tank. 6 Blue Botias, 3 talking catfish, 5 Yo-yo Loaches, 5 Petricolas. Currently I have mostly dark wood and some dark rock in there. And floating plants. The Feldspar is a creamy-brown-peach color with grey stripes. It should make the fish more visible. The wood has been in there for a year or so. The Botias and Perticolas has been there for about 5 or more years. I used to have mostly rock, but I can stack the branches higher and more open, it encourage some daytime activity through the tank not only on the very bottom.