1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Ferts (question regarding usage)

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plants & Planted Tanks' started by Leslie, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Leslie

Leslie Thread Starter New Member

well they are doing good. so i must be doing something right.

2. James0816

James0816 New Member

yeppers....

well...if its fluorish, i would say 1 drop from an eyedropper every other day. but then again....just don't know exactly what it is you have.

3. Leslie

Leslie Thread Starter New Member

i dont do amything not just cut the lights on.

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

If you use flourish Excel I'd go with the eye dropper as James recommended and add it once a week AFTER your weekly water change. That is, if you want to use it.
    With my 90g I add per directions (but mind you I have a 90g compared to your 5g)...and I only do so after my weekly waterchange. Theirs also liquid products such as Flourish, Flourish Iron (good for your red plants).

I normally only do the tabs that go under the substrate about 1"-2" away from the plant for crypts (heavy root feeders).

Currently I am using the Hagen Plant sticks (can be seen in my photos) and are said to last a year. I stuck them in next to the plants that I felt might benefit.

5. James0816

James0816 New Member

Funny thing about them crypts...I was just about to get root tabs for them when I switched over to dry ferts. These guys have taken off just like the other plants. Definately makes it easier to dose the tank this way. ;o)