1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Filter for my 83 gal!?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by nossie, Jul 31, 2010.

1. GREENTEAL52

GREENTEAL52 Member

Have you thought about building your own wet/dry filter using a 10-15 gal with an over flow box and return pump might be a better solution

2. nossie

nossie Thread Starter Member

It sounds... like a big and complicated solution, I don't really know how to make anything like this OR get the parts for it in the first place... But please, tell me more still? :)

3. GREENTEAL52

GREENTEAL52 Member

all you would need is a 15 gallon long with a pump return of 700 to 800 gallon , 2 hose 3/4 in about 5 ft long ,over flow box.
    1/2 dz pvc elbows , 3 ft pvc , 2 tank dividers , bio balls and filter media

4. GREENTEAL52

GREENTEAL52 Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=proclear+wet+dry+filter&cid=12229992543800285621&ei=QUaNTOXWKobAwgXimK1E&sa=title&ved=0CAcQ8wIwADgA#p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... 8wIwADgA#p</a>

5. nossie

nossie Thread Starter Member

I see! Alright... actually, I bought an external filter already, and I'm for now combining it with the Fluval 4. As far as I know, it should be perfectly enough :) As my tank is a 317L one, and the filters combined pump around 3000L/h.