1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Fish Farts

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by WhiteGloveAquatics, May 28, 2010.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I'd rather deal with a fish farting than 2 english bulldogs ripping them left and right (talk about sulfurous stench).

2. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics Thread Starter New Member

Ill take those Bullies off your hands no problem.

Smaller animals have worse gas then larger one ive found out.

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I don't know about that! I've yet to smell a stench worse than a bully.
    Ps. Want the allergies and vet bills for them too? LoL and I couldn't part with them..they are my fur children.

4. WhiteGloveAquatics

eng bd's and JRT'S are my ultimate fave's JRT'S the most though

5. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

JRT's to hyper for me. Just give me a yellow lab. But someone else can pay the vet bill. LOL Bad enough with 4 cats.

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Agree on the jrts being too hyper for me too...the neighbor had one for less than a week and rehomed it. She was older and couldn't handle it's energy (guy at work was moving and gave it to her because he couldn't find a home and knew she'd spoil the dickens outta it or at the very least find someone else who would).

7. WhiteGloveAquatics

they are only hyper when kept alone, you need atleast 5 for them to be great dogs.

Ive had yellows,blacks and chocolate labs, ill take one any day.

Im torn between a boxer and a solid black german shephard to fill the void my dog left when I put down in december due to health/new aggressions w/ age.

8. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

They had a black german shepard on craigslist in Richmond a couple of weeks ago. It was 3 years old and beautiful. They wanted only $150 because they were evicted from there home and needed the dog a new home ASAP. In 2 hours they posted the dog was taken.

9. steves_kiki

steves_kiki New Member

I think my cat (zipper) has stinky farts! And my newest puppy...she's 6 months old... when she farts she does this whole chasing the butt to find out what that smell/noise was...soo funny. Back to fishies...I have dojos and I want to see 1 fart sooo bad....I've seen the back end floating(when they have gas) but never saw actual bubbles.... I have seen a goldfish shart tho....not attractive...

10. WhiteGloveAquatics

try a pug or a boston, even shorter digestion tract.

11. WhiteGloveAquatics

My new feline , Mr. Magoo. is one of the worst stinky animals ive known. I have to keep him in our bedroom at night due to his fascination with the fish tanks(open tops) and his acceptace or should I say love affair with water. I use arm and hammer litter box deo, febreeze and a stick-ums to keep the stench barracks acceptable. (I was USarmy and 60 guys dont stink as bad as this guy does.

yes I have two parrots, a meyers and a senegal, one is a screamer the other a monday night football curser.

12. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

hmm. the neighbor has a boston & I haven't heard him say much about the breed in general, but do remember my now passed on gramma had one & that lil thing would blow them left and right (luckily, the smell wouldn't linger like the bulldogs).

But the bulldogs, man this past 3 days have been unreal! I mean their clearing family members outta the room...it's pretty bad when the ask the dog if it needs to go out to take a dump when the poor thing just came in from doing so. haha!

13. WhiteGloveAquatics

Its the short digestive tract. much like their airway restrictions due to breed type.

My malamute, she was 140# when she passed but that girl would bust butt and clear the house, she used to hang out under the table outside when we ate and she would let em rip all silent like. Nothing like munching on some half dead cow and you get this bad beef smell rise from the table, gets in the back of your throat it was horrid. But I loved that girl.

14. Boazdexter

Boazdexter New Member

hye
    there
    this is Dexter
    and i really like to be here
    its really so cool to talk to you

15. islabucasgrande

islabucasgrande New Member

never heard my betta fish farting eversince... :) Lol