1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

fish question

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 7, 2009.

1. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

I think that would be fine... If you think you are overstocked change you water a bit more often.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

OK I will do that, other then toxins(waste) is there any other harm things to overstocking?

3. LemonDiscus

No.... Increased Nitrates is the biggest risk

4. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

that good news for my plants, I wish I had a few more fast growing plants, I have two but only one seems to take off.

It started as just a bulb and now it has two flowers(or what like a flower) and abe 10-11 so leaves.

5. LemonDiscus

My bulb plants did not grow and the 1 that did was stunted :confused:

But dont worry so much about overload on the tank... the work the clean up crew does is well worth the bioload expense!

6. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

yea I'm just have to add something that they can hid under, all I have are plants and fish

right now I have 2 java ferns, about 10-20 willow leaf hygro, a small thing of java moss, and two bulb that you can get from walmart(don't remember the name.) for the fish I have 1 glowlight and I think close to 15-20 guppies.

7. LemonDiscus

The otos dont really need hiding areas if you have thick enough planting! But it seems like they may like something with that few plants.

8. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

what would be a good thing to use??

I was thinking a planting pot cut in half, may be even add gravel to the top of it with silicone.

if I did do that what would I need to cut the flower pot and make it safe for my tank.

for the silicone I know only use tank safe silicone.

9. LemonDiscus

I like driftwood :) Whatever you think.... Otos are reclusive and will find places to hide anywhere!

10. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Every single piece of driftwood I have seen out here in AZ are way to big for my tank, and I don't like the fake paint cave junk they sell in the fish stores. also I would like to be able to see in just to make sure nothing die in side it with out moving it, That why I was thing about a plant pot.

11. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

terra cotta plant pot (walmart)..some people cut them in half longways and mount them to a piece of glass via aquarium sealant/Epoxy.

A nice mass of plants would make ideal cover for them too!

Or you could do the breeder logs that are meant for plecos (seen them on ebay)..the tops even slide off for easy egg/fry checking.

12. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Cool I'll check in to the breeder logs.

13. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

:cool: Other than ebay, I have to give props to Kens Aquatics (online)...they had a refreshing nice selection of breeder logs/rocks/caves/etc.

I actually ordered myself a few.

14. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

can I have a link to Aquatics please dawn.

15. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

It's KensFish.com

16. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

17. dig317537

dig317537 New Member

you could get some slate or cut the driftwood to fit your tank