1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Flowerhorns

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by SyncereOne, Nov 7, 2008.

1. rsfh

rsfh New Member

i have a nice looking red star i will have to post pics starting to get kok i was a little leery talking about flowerhorns being so new here because i know a lot of people are just scared of them

2. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Seen your flowerhorn on your myspace also, he is a nice looking fella, although I wonder if he has a bit more midas in him than most.

3. rsfh

rsfh New Member

another great story went to pick up a 29 gallon tank for free i get there is is filled with convicts and what was called the big ugly convict. took the tank and fish home and cleaned it all up and after a while this big black ugly convict turned in to a red star. when i got the fish he was 3 inches and all black so it was a pleasant surprise to know what i had.

4. kumar2564

kumar2564 New Member

I'm new on here but I have some Flowerhorns. They are a cross of Thai Silk and Blood red parrot. They are about 3-4 inches now and are coloring up nicely

5. kumar2564

kumar2564 New Member

What is a red star? Is it a type of Flowerhorn?
    Anyone have a silver arrowana? I had one that was 14" long but he jumped out of my tank and died. I loved that fish, he was so cool. He would get excited when he saw me and when I would put my hand in the tank when I was cleaning it he would actually rub up against it and let me pet him.