1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Fluval Chi Filter Replacement

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by Omega59, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Omega59

Omega59 Thread Starter New Member

Hi Everyone Happy Holiday's!
    It's a long time since I've posted something here. So.. We have a Fluval Chi 5 Gallon model, and we are looking to replace the filter. We are looking for one that is just as silent as the Chi's filter because it is in a room that someone sleeps in. If someone can direct me to a filter that is VERY silent and i mean silent can't even hear the motor going and water flow LOL, that would be great!

Thanks.

2. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

if an h.o.b will work on your tank, aqua clears are really quite. i'm runnig an a/c 30 on a 10g and the air pump makes more noise than the filter, also have an a/c 110 on my 150g (along with 2 canisters). aqueon h.o.b's are pretty quite as well, but do get alittle "water" noise though. i'm running 2 aqueon 55's on my 55g and an aqueon 30 on my 20g.

3. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Don't they come standard with an ac 20? If an hob will work I would suggest that and you can adjust the flow.

4. Omega59

Omega59 Thread Starter New Member

I tried but they still make noise that isn't acceptable. I guess i will have to keep the Chi's original filter.

5. ninoupte7

ninoupte7 New Member

If the noise is coming from an external motor which can be placed at a distance, then just put it in a baffled sound box, likewise the air pump.

Alternatively, sell the waternoise as an Environmentally Pleasing White Noise Generator.
    -Nino