1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

found a baby... now what?

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by tchickens, May 4, 2011.

1. tchickens

tchickens Thread Starter New Member

So I was looking at my tank today and noticed that my cichlids managed to knock over a rock and right below the rock was a tiny fry. Only one that I have found, and I'm not even sure who the mother is or if she is still holding more in her mouth. I moved the one I found to a fry net I have but not sure what to do with it now. Also, the fry in mostly clear for now but has a little bit of orange on its front end so could I be wrong in assuming that it is from my red zebra cichlids?

As for my tank I have a 55g with 11 cichlids and 1 pleco. There is not a lot of hiding places for them right now so should I put them in a smaller tank until they are bigger? Sorry for all the questions but just trying to get some info about it.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

What fish are in the tank ?

Yes, if you want him to live you should place him in a grow-out tank.