1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Freshwater Discus Fish

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by MOD_Dawn, Oct 15, 2011.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Thread Starter Active Member

FOUR Gorgeous Hans Discus & ONE from a local breeder Available....All are less than 2 years old (one is not even a year old) with typical reported lifespans of approx. 10years or more. I grew these out from 2.5" ... More information about them at the bottom of this list.

{*}Silver Pigeon Blood is roughly 7" from tip to tip --> $129
    {*}Blue Pigeon Blood is roughly a hair over 6" from tip to tip --> $129
    {*}Red Pigeon Blood is roughly 5" from tip to tip --> $75
    {*}Yellow Pigeon Blood is roughly 4" from tip to tip (this one is not quite a year old and is from a local breeder) --> $40
    {*}Blue Diamond has the most drastic color change, especially when spawning and is an absolute stunner then and roughly 5+" and the least cooperative to get a rough measurement. This one will need some recovery as it hasn't learned that mucking with the breeding pair results in war waged by the female. --> $15
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MORE ABOUT DISCUS:

*I can only GUESS at their sex, as the only ones I am truly 100% sure of are my proven breeding pair.

Water Temperature: 82.6-84F
    Air stone ran 24/7 due to their needing elevated water temperature
    pH 6.0 (steady)
    Ammonia 0
    Nitrites 0
    Nitrates 20ppm
    Phosphates 0
    City Water- I remove the baddys with Seachem Prime
    Weekly partials (anywhere from 40-60%)
    Filter Maintenance- done Monthly (I have a 90g and run a emperor 400 along with 2 Rena Filstar Xp4's...I like to over filter the water)
    Current Substrate is Pool Filter Sand with a blue river rock background (Please know with pigeon bloods if you use dark substrate/backgrounds they WILL "pepper")
    Diet- Hikari Bio-Pure Frozen Bloodworms, Hikari Algae Wafers that they still from my Bristlenose Plecos, New Life Spectrum Freshwater Optimum Flake Food, & The occasional cucumber and zuchinni that they also steal from the Bristlenose Plecos.
    Lifespan- About 10 years is the average reported, but can live 15+
    Compatibility- I can tell you the various species I keep with them (community tank) and inform you that while they are a cichlid... they are not nearly as aggressive as most cichlids tend to be. Caution must be taken when selecting tank mates for any Discus!

If there's anything else you'd like to know or ask, please contact me :)

Blue Pigeon Blood.JPG Red Pigeon Blood.JPG Silver Pigeon.JPG Yellow Pigeon.JPG Blue Diamond.JPG

2. MOD_Dawn

Update:
    Blue Diamond & Yellow Pigeon are currently pending placement...but still available as it's first come first serve :)

3. MOD_Dawn

Blue Diamond & Yellow Pigeon are no longer available, but everyone else listed IS.