1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Freshwater Frenzy Food (Questions & Advice)

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by LemonDiscus, May 14, 2009.

1. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Thread Starter Active Member

I am considering ordering on Dr Foster and Smith and have about 3 different frozen foods I was going to order for my Discus. I would be using it more as a supplemental food than a main part of the meal.... they WILL get other food with this added to the feeding

Has anyone used this:
    San Francisco Bay Brand Frozen Freshwater Frenzy
    Freshwater Frenzy stirs up a feeding frenzy in community aquariums. This unique frozen food combines food items favored by freshwater fish, including Brine Shrimp, Bloodworms, Cyclops, Daphnia, Watercress and more! Freshwater Frenzy was developed to accommodate all freshwater tropical fish species feeding at all feeding levels - from surface-feeding livebearers, mid-level tetras to bottom-dwelling cory cats. Freshwater Frenzy provides the essential nutrients to maintain high energy levels and vigor in your fish.

San Francisco Bay Brand Frozen Freshwater Frenzy is recommended for all freshwater community fish including guppies, tetras, swordtails, platies, mollies, barbs, gouramis, angelfish, and cichlids. Available in smaller mini cubes that are ideally suited for desktop and nano aquariums.

Guaranteed Analysis
    Crude Protein - 3.4% min.
    Crude Fat - 0.6% min.
    Crude Fib- 93.7% max.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+7927+8038+19767&pcatid=19767" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... atid=19767</a>

What do you all thinkg?
    fresh frenzy.jpg

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I used it with my freshwater gang, they wasted more than they ate.
    For my guys and girls they seem to prefer the bloodworms...with the Hikari ones coming out the easiest (cubes that pop out of the pkg so you don't have to touch them).

ps. Did you see how pricey the shipping was for the frozen food?? ((Unless you are REALLY stocking up bigtime))

Please note: Orders for frozen food are processed separately from hard goods due to their special handling needs. Special shipping costs apply when ordering frozen fish foods. The cost is $24.99 shipping and handling (1 day air) for as many frozen fish foods as you wish to order. This will be reflected in your shipping total upon checkout. Orders are shipped Monday through Thursday. Rates are for the 48 connecting states.

3. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Thread Starter Active Member

Good to know about the shipping.... I was planning on getting the Hikari Frozen Bloodworms and the frozen Discus Food...

I did not know about the shipping though... I did not go that far through checkout. The point was to stock up but I was only going to get about 6-12 packs...

I crunched the numbers and it is just cheaper to order at my LFS. I wonder if they can get the other food I wanted too... I am sure they can... it is Ocean Nutrition Discus Formula

As said I was just going to add the frenzy like 1 cube a day with a small dry food feeding or just 1 before a feeding

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

<--I didn't go through the checkout process, seen it off to the side.
    those cubes are like the heinz 57 of fish foods (a bit of this a bit of that).
    It's be good if they ate everything that came in it, but mine would snub certain things and I'd have to net it out or it'd be stuck on the intake.