1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

FS: HUGE SWORD

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by HBIC, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HBIC

HBIC Thread Starter Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

I have a HUGE sword, not for sure of the type but it looks similar to echinodorus bleheri. It is so big that it is taking up an entire 30 gallon tank leaving little room for the fish to actually swim. This is a mother plant and currently has about 20 babies that I will send also. Asking $30 shipped. This does come from a tank with asolene spixi snails so there may be hitchhikers.
    016.JPG

2. BobV

BobV Member

beautiful plant...I think I'd leave it in there and trim off some of the old leaves to make room for fish, and maybe take some of the babies off and start new plants in another tank.

3. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Oh I wish I had the budget for it. I need bigger plant in my 55. Hope it goes soon for you.

4. HBIC

I have two others just like this one in my 55 and they are quickly outgrowing that, really I want this plant gone so that I can redo the scape. I guess it is a testament to having potting soil as a bottom layer.

5. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

That's what I have in 4 out of 6 of my tanks. (potting soil)

6. HBIC

This is the only tank I have potting soil in, the roots of this plant have actually pushed the potting soil to the front of the tank to the point that you can see it and I would prefer not to see it...LOL

7. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Yes the roots do whatever they want. I don"t mind seeing the soil coming thru as long as it's not on the surface and clouding my water.

8. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

wish this was listed BEFORE I did the rescape and won an entire lot of plants.
    Woulda been great to fill in the 90g.

9. HBIC

SOLD PLEASE CLOSE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.