1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Fully Aquatic Frogs (Questions & Advice)

Discussion in 'Invertebrates' started by Leslie, Jul 29, 2008.

1. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl New Member

Re: African Dwarf Frogs

yup, i've also noticed that their really shy and get scared very easily, and their not eating the mealworms that i bought for them, i'm hoping their not full off of neon tetras

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

maybe it was the color that attracted them to munch them up. Lord knows I like them for that reason! But, I don't think that I would eat them...Lol!

covered hiding spots will make them more comfortable (as you already are doing)...you can even place those tipped pots closer to each other and place a piece of slate over the top of them and place the plants around that (would give them 3 hideouts technically and nice flat chilling block so to speak), and i also remember them spooking very easy (even would I lift the glass canopy up to feed them or come to the front of the tank..too close of course). Oh, found out the name of that target feeder. DFS called it a seasquirt..it was high there at 30 but will give you an idea of what I was talking about.

Also, a word of caution...be careful when your siphoning your tank cuz some of those siphons will allow them to be sucked up. Might want to stick something like a panty hose over it to avoid collecting the frogs with the debris.

3. California Cowgirl

kk, good idea about the slate, i might try that, i'm hoping they come out more, i'm thinking about possibly getting 1 or 2 more frogs later, after i pay my bills and all, and maybe try to get a male and female if possible, having tadpoles would be fun, especially if they survive

4. California Cowgirl

I saw my frogs! i saw my frogs!

I saw my frogs! i saw my frogs!
    For the first time tonight since i've owned them they were out and having a party on a saturday night! All they ever do is hide in the rocks and for once all 5 of them were out! they are so entertaining. I think the main reason is because i had unpluged there filter as it was the fully subersable ones, which i call the old school filters, and it had been causing flooding all over the bathroom counter, so i turned it off a few ours ago, and i just checked back at them and they were all out! Some were in the zen mode, and some would just jump up and down from the bottom to the surface and step and kick each other during the process. I took some pictures, but only on my phone and i don't have a cable cord to connect to my laptop. But man, there really entertaining, yall should get some!

5. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

Re: I saw my frogs! i saw my frogs!

sound like your getting hyper off you frogs thats how i felt when i saw 3 of my angels breeding all at the same time!!!!

6. California Cowgirl

hahahaha lol, fish breeding 3 itmes at once, bet you had a ton of fry

7. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

yea but it was crazy one of the angels were breeding on the floor the filter and side of the slate so i also lost alot of eggs

8. California Cowgirl

wow, can't believe the bred on the frekin filter, talk about some horney angels

9. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

rofl i cant beleive they bred on THA FLOOR!!! how is that even possible lol

10. GOT MTS?

GOT MTS? Member

Wow California cowgirl last time I heard you only had 2 frogs. You must really like those little guys.

11. California Cowgirl

haha yea frogs are awesome especiallly when their active

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Problem with African Dwarf Frogs

Problem with African Dwarf Frogs
    my african frogs did not do well either

13. Anthony

Anthony Active Member