1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Geo Marine Florida Crushed Coral

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Anthony, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

I always use crushed coral in my tanks, no specific brand. Two days ago I needed a bag last minute to put in my 20 gallon for the new Danios I purchased. It was a 15lb bag of Geo Marine Florida Crushed Coral. I rinsed it in my bucket like I always so. This bag was filled with leaves and sticks ! I rinsed it as well as I could, dumped it in the tank and still 2 days and 3 water changes later the water is still cloudy from this stuff ! :cry:
    cc.jpg

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Sorry to hear about the crush coral cloud. I do the eco-complete and always nice and clear within 2 hours...and I'm lazy when it comes to rinsing...so no rinsing is the biggest plus.

3. Anthony

Normally I don't have this problem with crushed coral. It was just this bag/brand, it was evil.

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Lol, evil substrate from down under ey mate? HAha

5. Anthony