1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Glowlight Tetra's

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by California Cowgirl, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

A black background would be great to. alot of people use it with their tetras :)

2. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl Thread Starter New Member

maybe i'll get a black background then, i was planning on taking the current one down once i get it planted

3. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Tetras (at least mine) Really love plants to everytime I catch them offguard the're playing with it :) Then they catch me and go to the front and do tricks for food :)

4. California Cowgirl

hahaha that's funny, what do you feed them, i can't seem to get them to eat, i'm always stuck with picky eaters. I first tried the tetra flakes which both my tetra's and marigold hated them, then i tried the betta bite pelletes that i had, i saw them going to eat them, then spit it out

5. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Tetras eat anything that will fit in their mouths.... mine LOVE when I feed frozen bloodworms.... mine eat that, the dry food (flake & granule) and even eat the live blackworms I feed the Discus.

6. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

I feed mine blood worms and tropical fish flakes. They really seam to enjoy their meals. And keep begging for more and more and more and more :)

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Agree with the loving frozen bloodworms (I think just about everybody in my tank gets a smile on their face when they get plopped in).

8. LemonDiscus

My tank everyone fights over it.... I would not say there is any smiling going on! More of a bloodbath :)

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

nah, mine are smiling to see the yummy incomings...then when they actually are in the water then it turns to a steal a strand and run like heck to the corner and hide it.

10. LemonDiscus

:) good description.... all of my Discus go into a feeding frenzy on the block!!

I actually have a video of it :D Still working on mixing it all together though!

11. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Cool! THat would be a good one to put out there.

12. California Cowgirl

ok, i've got some frozen bloodworms for my frogs, and my marigold thats in with them loves it, so my other fish most likely will then

13. LemonDiscus

Yes, the corys love them too!!

14. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Yuppers!

15. California Cowgirl

haha lol the go crazy over the algae waffer, lol i'll be going through a lot of frozen bloodworms, i'm thinking about giving a small portion to my puffer

16. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I mainly go through the bloodworms and the algae tabs. Defin. the communitys favorites!

17. LemonDiscus

I go through about a pack every 2-4 weeks myself depending on how I feed.

18. California Cowgirl

ok, since i'll be giving my community tank bloodworms, should i feed them it every other day, that's what i do with my frogs, and with the algae wafers for my corie

19. LemonDiscus

Honestly bloodworms are GREAT for the corys.... Corys are omnivorous and require protein based foods like bloodworms... but I am sure they are also eating some of the flake food that you feed the tetras

I feed Bloodworms daily to my Discus tank! Because of the number of fish they get 2 dimple tabs of bloodworms per day and another feeding of flake/granule food. Also I feed Live Blackworms in there about 2-3 days a week.

My Corys and Tetras love ALL of those foods.... that tank actually gets NO algae wafers.... I dont even keep that as a food anymore!

20. California Cowgirl

ok, i think i'll feed daily then with the bloodworms