1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Glowlight Tetra's

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by California Cowgirl, Feb 23, 2009.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I do about the same as Ryan.
    1 or 2 cubes of bloodworms daily (breakfast)....3 hikari tabs/or french cut green beans (lunch)...and when I remember flake food (dinner) just before the lights go out.
    I alternate every now and then too.

2. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl Thread Starter New Member

so since i only feed one meal a day (dinner) would half a block work, or since the blocks are pretty small, just feed them one, i just want to make sure i dont over feed, i cut it in half for my frogs for there every other day feeding, and it seems like alot, but for 5 frogs and 1 fish every other day, i assume it's ok for it to be that much

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

whatever amount they will eat in say 2-3 minutes. Goal is for them to eat it BEFORE it makes its way to the filter.

4. California Cowgirl

haha ok, and all of the flakes and pellets make it to my fliter, then the water spits it all over the tank, and i can't slow the filter down, so i either half to unplug it for foodtime or just let the food be all over the tank

5. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Many people do shut the filter off when they feed (I dont but have seen DOZENS of others that do!

6. California Cowgirl

i think i will have to now, especially with bloodworms

7. California Cowgirl

it's so weird to have them stare at you, i was just watching them after they ate, and a couple of them just turned at me and just stared and stood still, kind wierd

8. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

9. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

California they're just looking at you like : when do I get more? Feed me more more more!

Just bought a angel. The neons seem to enjoy it.

10. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Watch that 1 Angel! They tend to like being in groups better than alone.

The Tetras though will help as dither fish for the Angel.... The Angel I bet enjoys the Tetras more than the Tetras enjoy the Angel :D

11. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Yep. The guy at the fish store didnt know what it was (male or female) So I want your opinion about it (not you specificaly but the forum) so I can buy him/her the other sex :)

12. California Cowgirl

a little update, i changed the plants around yesterday after cleaning their tank, and bunched all of the plants to one corner to create a hiding place and the tetras love it! and i think the cories like the new space to swim now, and i have noticed the tetras swimming around more than they had been. I've also noticed that the tetra's like to stay in groups of three's. In the pic you can sort of see one of the albino cories in the left hand corner, still can't get a decent pic of them, all to fast
    026.JPG

13. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Tetras always school together thats why I love tetras so much :) There so small and so cool when they school :)

14. bellsly

bellsly New Member

Nice pics I love glolights the way they school together.

15. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

nice tank, I love the albine cories (have them myself)
    Hint: Spread them plants out a bit (one on furthest left in center of tank, then the one that is in front of it in the FRONT left corner...and the one behind it leave where it's at). It will give your tank a fuller look :)