1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Golden Wonder Killie Has white coming off??

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases & Cures' started by California Cowgirl, Feb 15, 2009.

1. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Not really surprising. I bet if taken care of it will pull through with no problem. It is just uncomfortable for the fish, it is not like it is attacking the gills making it hard to breathe (it could get to that though if not treated)

2. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

yea not really surprising its like if a human got a cut and its infected you just got to keep it clean and use medicine we can survive a while with a infected cut :) :)

3. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl Thread Starter New Member

kk, i didn't have a chance to talk to my mom before i left to work this morning, but she got some maracyn, and maybe try that for a few days, since it was 10 bucks, i don't not want to use it, and if its still bad i'll try to ifnd the stuff that you guys mentioned

4. California Cowgirl

so my fish really isint looking good at all now, it's gotten a lot worse, it's now over his eyes and hanging off his mouth, getting worse on his tail and starting to grow more on his body

5. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

i think you should get the med asap do a 50% water change and put im in a quarintine tank stress coat might help a little it helps for ne

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Did you move him to that new tank by himself ?

7. California Cowgirl

kk, he's been quarintined since last night as i didn't want my other fish and frogs to get infected and did a 50% water change in that tank, and i put stress coat in last night, and i don't want to get the meds until tomorrow of what you guys mentioned because my mom already put the meds that she got in the water and i don't want to over do it

8. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

do you have aquarium salt? that might help a little if you have ( i use it for everything like stress coat lol)

9. California Cowgirl

yea, i've got it, havent used it yet though, and now he's not even eating, and he's not moving any of his fins, and he always used the ones on his sides, i can tell that he's barely breathing, and it used to be very noticable, i would tap the glass, and he wouldn't even move, where before he would swim away

10. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

yea you need treatment asap

11. California Cowgirl

kk, i just went out and bought the stuff that you guy's said, so hopefully it's not to late and will start working shortly, if not, i don't know what else there is that i can do for him, it's really not looking good at all, and doing nothing but getting worse

12. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

You never did answer my question above... You moved him to an uncycled tank, right ?

13. California Cowgirl

yea, just because i didn't want any frogs and other fish to possibly get what he has, especially since frogs are so delicate

14. California Cowgirl

and i just saw this post :D
    no, i didn't hatch him myself, but i just really liked them when i saw them at the store, my marigold platty needs a new friend though, cause i still don't think that he's going to survive much longer, so i'm not sure what else to put in there that can get along with my marigold and frogs, especially since i saw 2 of my frogs in the mating position, so there is a chance that i might end up getting little tadpoles

15. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

You need to put the filter from the old tank (or the media) on the tank the Killi is in. If you don't do this he's going to be put through the added stress of a cycling tank and you won't be able to do daily water changes while treating him with meds.

16. California Cowgirl

kk will do asap

17. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

lol yea forgot about that

18. California Cowgirl

19. California Cowgirl

so to give an update, my killie has passed :( the stuff took over his fin movement and half of his body, and i just found him floating dead, thank you to all of you who have helped me to try to get him better, but i guess i couldn't save him :(

20. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

aww o well you treid your best all fishes come and go gotta remember that