1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

green bubble algea

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish Forum' started by js1218, Jan 5, 2009.

1. js1218

js1218 Thread Starter New Member

anybody found a better way of getting rid of it. be side em green crab

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I assume you know it's real Valonia. How much of it do you have ? I've read that you can just pull it off.

3. js1218

that is how i got rid of it was just thinking someone may have found
    something new way to get rid of it

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Not that I'm aware of.

5. showjyr

showjyr New Member

When you do a water change use an airline tube cut at an angle so it's sharp.....you can pop and siphon them at the same time.

Why no emerald crabs? They have a bad rap but I've had 7 or so in total and have yet to have a single bad one. The only issue I have with them is they like to move frags around. I was gone for 2 months and had someone watching my tank, when I got home the tank was overrun with valonia....2 emerald crabs and 1 1/2 months later and they have eaten about 2/3 of it.

6. showjyr

showjyr New Member

Yes there is......but there is little info on them and don't seem to be available in the trade. They are a type of sea slug that eats the valonia from inside out, the scientific name is Ercolania endophytophaga.

7. js1218

went and got em crabs . but i got 2 false em crab and learned that the false ones have a sharp pointed on there claw