1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Growing Mosses

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plants & Planted Tanks' started by greg curtis, Mar 25, 2009.

1. greg curtis

greg curtis Thread Starter New Member

Growing Mosses

Hey guys I've nearly got my Eclipse 12g tank ready to go for a shrimp tank just need to cycle. The fluorescent tube for this tank is a Marineland 5500K 13w. Are there any mosses I can grow in this tank without going to a higher output bulb. How about just leaving the light on for longer periods of time.

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

most are low light. Your looking at one 1wpg--->anubias...compact swords...crypts..ferns.......java moss....

3. James0816

James0816 New Member

Java moss certainly. Peacock would probably be your next best match. After that you're gonna want to look at some better light for mosses such as christmas, flame, fissidens, etc.

4. greg curtis

greg curtis Thread Starter New Member

Thanks James & Dawn. Its a small tank so maybe java moss and a couple of anubias with a small piece of driftwood and a few caves.

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

your welcome greg. Post photos when you can!
    (sorry, love looking at the photos).