1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Hagen Customer Support

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by Anthony, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

My LED light on my Fluval Spec (Only about 5 months old) is dying. LED lights flicker then die out 3 at a time. I E-mailed them to see about a replacement. They will not send one unless I send them the defective unit AT MY EXPENSE and then they informed me they won't have them for another month. You've got to be kidding me ?! I E-mailed the lady back today expressing my frustration. We'll see what she has to say this time. This will likely be the last time I purchase a Hagen product if it's not resolved like most companies handle defective products.

2. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Did it have any type of warranty? That's some real crap for only 5 months old.

3. Anthony

A 1 year warranty like most products.

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I hate the loopholes on the warranties! I know when the led's went in my current fixture ($300+) originally they wanted to send me some sort of repair kit and have me it...and when I said no way, I know nothing about electrical wiring and are you still gonna stand behind it if I ruin it and then they decided they'd send me a new fixture and I'd simply return the defective one in the box when it arrived. BUT that was through petmountain, so pretty much the store stood behind it being I really didn't have to go through the manufacture.

Hopefully Hagen will do the right thing and do the same for you. Fingers crossed for ya!

5. Anthony

After going back and forth with them telling them I was more then happy to return the light AT THEIR EXPENSE I was then they they would "and a one time exception for me" and send me a new light without needing mine back.

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I'm amazed their not making you return the defective one. Glad they did something for ya though...hopefully the new replacement won't arrive damaged.

7. Anthony

Yeah I don't know what the big deal was. Just send me one and a return label.

8. Anthony

Got my replacement light two days ago. Sooner then I expected.