1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Hamster tunnel plastic tubes ok for fish tank?

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish Forum' started by California Cowgirl, May 5, 2009.

1. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl Thread Starter New Member

So I was thinking that I wanted to try thevtubes for my puffer to keep him entertained. This would be totally unnatural for the tank but do you guys think they would be ok in saltwater

2. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

I had a bright blue one in my freshwater tank for a while. I eventually took it out due to it looking completely unnatural and hideous lol As for using it in saltwater...I'm not sure...

3. California Cowgirl

haha lol i'll be dreading the unnatural look if i do go ahead and try it, i wish there was something inexpensive like that but more natural looking for a fish tank, i think my puffer would enjoy going through the tubes, but then again, i could be wrong

4. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

well, just make sure ya wash it off with hot water like you would anything else, and give it a shot. If he uses it, awesome, if not, just take it out

5. California Cowgirl

i think i'll go ahead and try it, i'll hate the looks of the tank, but if he's happy i'm happy so i guess i'll just wait and see

6. California Cowgirl

well i got the tubes, the tank looks horrible but i'll try and teach him to go in them

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

just use pvc elbows and t's in the plumbing aisle of your local hardware store (home depot and lowes)...their available in black and white (i prefer the black ones since they are not gaudy and noticable).