1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Having a sudden death each days since last friday

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases & Cures' started by jygnash, Sep 3, 2010.

1. jygnash

jygnash Thread Starter New Member

Having 75 g, with
    3 bolivian ram
    3 angel ram
    8 angel fish
    5 serpae tetra

Since last friday i had started loosing a fish each day and many of them are my big angel fishes and ram's.

My ph is stable at 7 and hardness at 0. I do regular 20% biweekly waterchanges.

My aquarium was stable since a year , but suddenly my fish are dieing.
    The dieing fish exhibits no eating, staying at bottom, breathing very fast.

please help....

2. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

sorry for your loss !!!

do you have or can get the other water parameters like ammonia, nitrate, nitrite ? these readings will help out alot in helping to figure out why your fish is dieing.

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

yep, need the tanks parameters as buzz asked.
    ALSO...
    <>Temperature your keeping the tank at (is it staying stable),
    <>Are you doing partials and in what frequency & amount...AND do you add a dechlorinator such as prime BEFORE adding the clean water
    <>Are you adding any other type of chemicals to your tank
    <>Filtration type, media, and are you doing regular media changes and filter maint?
    <>Any aeration in the tank (bubble wand/ air stone)

Any answers would help us further help you figure out what is going wrong with your tank.

Also, are you noticing any smelly water? how about uneaten fuzzy food on the bottom of the tank? Reddening of the fish/bloating? basically anything that's out of the norm. besides the fact that they are dying and staying towards the bottom.