1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Help My male betta

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases & Cures' started by Anonymous, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

OK about 2 day ago I got a male betta, yesterday he didn't look like he was doing good so I change the water heavily in his tank, I did two 50% water change if not more. last night he seem fine and now this morning he seem fine eating wise but I notice some stringy stuff on his lower fins.

It look look the fins are intact and the stringy stuff in just hanging on them.

I need help, I'm not sure if this is an illness or some thing else.

(FYI: He is housed in a half gallon bowl until I can get his 3 gallon home built.)

2. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

OK I got good news, I just checked my male a few minutes ago and I found no stringy stuff hanging from his fin, I did a 50-75% water change in order to hopeful get it out of the bowl what ever it was.

3. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

You did 3 50% + water changes in 2 days? You might want to go slower since you can stress him out alot. And kill alot of vital bacteria. I'm hopinh he'll continue to do fine ;)

4. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

it kinda hard not to do that much and keep his tank clean, I really want to get to building my 3 gallon tanks that way it would be so much better.

I add a few snails to help with the little over feeding I do, still trying to get use to feeding one fish, use to 20+ fish at a time.

5. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Jus take something that just fits between your finger tops. That's what was tought to me.

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I would add a little Mela/Pimafix to the tank just in case it's a bacterial or fungal infection, which it sounds like.

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

It gone anthony, it was only around for about an hour.

8. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Guess it was just excess slime coat.

9. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

no I just think it was some junk in the water(like waste I think) so as soon as I noticed that he didn't have it any more I did a water change.

10. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Oh okay. ;)

11. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

yea and I haven't seen it again yet.

12. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Issue Resolved.