1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Hobbyland in Joliet, IL & Scotty's in Westchester

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by moreless39, Apr 30, 2009.

1. moreless39

moreless39 Thread Starter New Member

Hobbyland in Joliet, IL
    AND
    Scotty's in Westchester

In Joliet, IL. I go to "Hobbyland" (not sure about the name because it ALL fish (fresh and salt) near Chicago "Scotty's" in Westchester can't be beat for fish,plants,or advice. If your not shopping online (to get better prices) please try to support your LFS, most of these people really care about getting you off on a good foot as well as trying to keep you and your aquarium a happy duo. Most owners have been in the business and been thru (or helped other customers) with most of the same problems that might arise in your tanks. Sites like this are a MAJOR help too. They might cost you a little more for equiptment and foods(hence, the internet,) but LOCAL, trustworthy, and really want to keep your business.

2. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Re: Support Your LFS

Agreed! I even pay the extra dollar or 2 to shop LFS instead of the large chain stores!

Small businesses are key to our economy too!!! Support your small businesses!

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Re: Support Your LFS

Most times I do, but when they try to charge an arm and a leg then I go elsewhere! I don't mind supporting my local small businesses within reason, but I have to make my dollar stretch as far as possible too.