1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

How big do you think my Puffer is?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by California Cowgirl, Mar 7, 2009.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Pudgy lil feller isn't he...someones eating good in the hood. Lol!
    Or should I say under the hood [scratch]

2. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl Thread Starter New Member

hahah lol yup he eats good, he's really fat after every feeding. i'm thinking of starting to feed him every day instead of every other day, as i'm afraid the 20 gal maybe stunting his growth, which i really don't want that to happen. So i'm hoping the more food he gets the bigger he'll get. I also just fed him 3 crickets, a snail that he started to go after, and a clam just now, and he gets dinner tonight

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

wow. talk about the steak and potatoes of the puffer world. Does he have a bell to ding for snacks too? Hehe :)

4. California Cowgirl

hahaha lol if i could i would give him one :D now that i got rid of my other fish he's the only one that i've got so he's got the majority of my attention for my aquatic animals, so he will be more spoiled now :D

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I saw it on funny videos, someone had a goldfish and they had fishing string tied to something that was in the shape of a t (could have been an airway splitter?)...and it was rigged to a tiny jingly bell and the goldfish would pull it for his food. Was very funny!

6. California Cowgirl

hahaha that's so funny, and sounds like an easy setup. But sadly theres no room on the back of my tank thanks to the filter, proten skimmer, and heater. I also just had a p.s issue when i cleaned it today, and apparently i didn't tighten the tube good enough connecting the black thing in the tank to what i'm assuming is the actuall skimmer part that hangs on the back to the tank and started to flood out like crazy, thankfully only for a few seconds and didn't create a huge mess. And hopefully you know what part im talking about cause i have no idea what the parts are actually called :p

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Yea, I know what part your talking about..those seaclones are TOUCHY. Your lucky you got it to skim already..I don't want to even tell you how long I had to putz with mine when I had the salt setup! Lets just say I called a an entire arsenal of names including considering putting it under the conv. van and running it over like a million times. Lol!
    <--short patience when it comes to something working. Haha!

8. California Cowgirl

hahah lol yea, this has been my only problem with it, it only took a few days for the crap to start building up in the cup, and it was running with no problem from the time i set it up. But i'm going to wait until my parents get home (sometime tonight) to set it back up again.

9. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

And people still claim fish (especially goldfish) cant remember anything longer then 2 minuts [withstupid]

10. California Cowgirl

haha lol if i had the room on the back of my tank i would seriously try and teach him to ring a bell, that would be awesome

11. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

This one in the vid I am talking about was on the front of the tank and rigged through the plastic canopy that lifts to allow you to feed.