1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

How can i make my new setup look good?

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plants & Planted Tanks' started by AngelFishBreeder, Nov 5, 2009.

1. AngelFishBreeder

AngelFishBreeder Thread Starter New Member

400ltres. sand substrate. its going to be a big community tank and i am going to be housing angelfish in there until they pair off :) any suggestions which plants. where abouts in tank i.e front back

2. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Look up some aquascapes... I like Biotope tanks myself... Amazon Swords are a must have in any South American Biotope tank...

Amazon Swords
    Pygmy Chain Sword
    Micro Sword
    Java Fern
    Crypt (Wendtii) - Not South American but easy to keep and adds nice color

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.aquariumplants.com/Default.asp?Redirected=Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.aquariumplants.com/Default.asp?Redirected=Y</a>

Depends, it's mainly to your taste and dependant on your wpg and whether or not your going to use ferts & co2.

Also, sand isn't the best substrate for a planted tank...but it can work for most (not "great" at holding stems in place).

Also, if going planted I'd recommend getting the plants in there first and giving them say about 2 weeks to get there roots started.

4. AngelFishBreeder

AngelFishBreeder Thread Starter New Member

yeah i will be :)