1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

How do i keep my Co2 consistent

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by manta975, Nov 12, 2011.

1. manta975

manta975 Thread Starter New Member

So i started up a new 29 gallon tank and i have it going with Pressurized Co2. Its a 5lb tank with a regulator. I don't have a solenoid valve because it seems useless to me all it does it seems is turn on and off the gas when you put it on a timer (or if your fancy hook it up to a PH contoler). Now i seem to have a very inconsistent amount of gas flowing. Most of the time within the day it has either increased a lot or has gone down to nothing (not enough to get out of the tube to the tank). how can i keep it more consistent without a PH controller and solenoid. From what i have read it seems i need some other valve so i can run my regulator at 15+ PSI (apparently most regulators are not very stable at their lowest settings)then take that down with another valve. Anyone know how i can keep it more consistent.

Any ideas will help i want to get fish in this thing soon (after the cycle of course) but don't want to have massive death PH swings