1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

How to move a reef aquarium!

Discussion in 'Aquarium Articles' started by genettico, May 25, 2010.

1. genettico

genettico Thread Starter New Member

I had made this tutorial before just to give people ideas come the day you have to move. Not the only way, not claiming it to be the best way... just My way after experience from years on the trade.

and the 2nd part:

2. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

I would suggest slowing down the printed words, they move a little fast for me to read. Great tutorial.

3. nossie

nossie Member

I agree, it's really good! :) But it's true that it could be nice to allow the text to show a bit longer, since it's pretty much of text in most occasions, and you're filming the parts for pretty long.

4. genettico

you can also just pause the video you know?? lol! Leaving soo much time to allow for reading would have made the videos too long to post on you tube. thank you for the comments.

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I would think the constant need to pause would be a nuisance for most.
    A bit too late, but a great idea to remedy the fast text would have been to record it in parts which would enable posting on youtube since the time would be lessened.

6. nossie

nossie Member

Lol, I did pause it d: But just like Dawn says, it's a bit of a pain :'D

7. genettico

Lol! the reason why is split in 2 sections is because of the same reason. If I would have allowed time to read each single point, I would have have to make almost 4 videos instead of just 2. A nuisance? lol! Some people I think want everything "peeled in their hands" and on a "silver platter".

In case you didnt notice the videos do go onto explaining the nature of the steps. If you have to move a tank my suggestion would be to watch the video and understand the steps, and if you still need clarification you can pause it and deal with a little "nuisance" to read how to do it, rather than with a HUGE "nuisance" and not having a clue on how to move at all. lol!

Thank you all for the comments.

8. genettico

better yet. Come the day of the move... I highly doubt anyone can memorize all the steps even If you were able to read them all. SO here is 2 suggestions:

1.Pause it on the ones you cannot read. and write all of them down. This way you can use them in a couple sheets at your leisure pace.

2. On the day. Play the video as it comes. Follow each step. Meaning... play the 1st step, then pause it. Do the actual step, and then move onto the next one. Pause it, and so on. Anyways... it doesnt matter if you can read all the steps at once. You will need to go over them several times before you can confidently remember what comes next.

Regards,

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Sorry, silver platter girl myself that also lacks a bit of patience (as I'm sure there are many others) LoL!

10. genettico

Nothing wrong with wanting everything in a silver platter..... just as long as you pay for the services or the item you want.
    As the saying goes: "beggers can't be choosers..."
    I do also lack a bit of patience... but in this hobby: ".... patience is a virtue..." and we ALL must exercise it when dealing with our companions. ;o)

Regards