1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Event I hope i did the right thing

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by Anonymous, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Okay before everyone snaps on me i have a 65 gallon tank already but we are wating for a heater and a filter.
    I obtained this fish from a guy that couldnt get rid of him and he was about to release in a lake where this fish would die.
    This fish will make a rat disapear in a minute.hes in a 29 gallon for now but he has good space to move around.
    The jaguar chiclid and tiger oscar will be moving in with him when they are bigger.
    Hes only gonna be in the 29 till next thursday.His name is andre the giant.the red tailed catfish

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JS9e-fW5kVw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JS9e-fW5kVw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

2. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

just to let people know he is 15 inches

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

And can grow to 4'.... A 65 gallon tank isn't going to work for him.

At 15" he's already half the length of that tank you have him in.

4. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

THERES NO WAY HE CAN GROW 4 FEET IN A AQUARIUM THATS IN THE WILD.I THINK HELL GET 2 AND A HALF FEET THE MOST.HIS NEW TANK WILL BE 48 BY 18

5. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

First of all you can stop using all caps...

Secondly even a fish that reaches 2 feet needs a tank more than double his length and 1/4th his length wide.

Here's a nice little writeup for you to read.
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.worldcichlids.com/fishprofiles/redtailcatfish.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.worldcichlids.com/fishprofil ... tfish.html</a>

6. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

i agree with anthony.....you will need at least a 150 gallon tank for him......

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

That fish will eat your oscar. Then it will eat your jag. Then it will bust the walls outta that 65 slap you in the face for being so stupid, and then die. Why is it that everytime you get a fish you get one that you cannot handle? Everyone is way to big for the tank you tell us your setting up for it. Personally, I am sick of reading these threads where you buy some monster fish and put it in a tiny tank. You are mistreating fish and I dont like it. So far your going to need three or four 150 gallon tanks. Hope your parents are loaded and ready to buy you one heck of a christmas gift, and when they ask why so big you tell them cause you dont know what your doing.

8. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

And secondly who gives a sh*t about how fast something can eat a rat. That catfish should be eating massivore pellets from hikari. Which, if you dont know is extremely expensive. So along with your new tanks buy some new food.

9. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

What do you mean you think? You dont even know what size tank to put fish in and your guessing how big its going to get when it grows up?

Sorry for the triple post but this guy enrages me.

10. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

I also agree with Anthony. A fish will keep growing and when they cant grow no more, they die. That is why fish in the wild are larger than in an aquarium. Because you can does not mean you should.

11. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Language like that will not be tolerated here.. And with that se1an, you're banned.

12. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

wow!!! i mustv'e missed something good......

13. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

LoL yep, you did. :roll: Little kids these days. LoL

14. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

lol......they think they know everything....

15. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I told him I should tell him mommy on him. :)

16. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

what did he end up saying anyways??

17. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

ok like ink i have missed something ^$*^$%@^%$*&% work looks like a part has been editted for the PG rating.

18. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

lol....i shouldv'e stayed logged in for a little longer i guess because everytime i log out i miss all the fun.....well at least nelson was getting his .02 in.......

19. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Several four letter words and that he wasn't coming back. LoL

20. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

well then $%#^ him....oh wait, i meant screw him.....lol...