1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Event I hope i did the right thing

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by Anonymous, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I feel sorry for all those fish. While I don't advocate releasing fish into lakes, that catfish would probably have had a better life there.

2. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

yep he def. would've......that kid has been posting things up like that for a while now and i didn't really want to say anything about it because he's obviously still learning but if your not going to take some advice from the vets then your just closed minded.
    i listen to everyone that has some info on what i'm keeping and then read up on it....most of the time it might not suit me to do what they said but if something doesn't work out as planned then i can always try what they suggested.......in this case his fish get huge and he wants to fit as many as he can into a small space.......poor fish.

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Yep, I know.

4. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Now if only the fish store that ignorantly sells him their fish would ban him. One thing I give him credit on.... he did not want it in a lake. You know, I dislike people who release non-native fish into a lake or stream that they do not belong in. Florida has problems with Pacus and Oscars that dont belong in their systems that people who were dumb and could not take care of dumped off where they dont belong.

But language is not good, and why would you bother asking questions on a board with people who know what they are doing if you dont listen and think you already know it all!

Last thing we need is him giving advice! :confused:

5. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

so you all are saying that my 2 foot pacu isnt happy in his 2.5 gal hex tank?
    but he is cool i watch him eat 3 mountain lions in 33 seconds.

6. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

lmao :) AND I am going to add a 1 foot Oscar to the tank because I thought it would be cool..... Bet no other 14 year old has these fish this size in these tanks....

Wow.... I am cool I have a 29 a 10 and a 5 gallon with 30 aggressive south americans in them! Look at me! And I am going to get a 55 and put them ALL in it!

7. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Yep, you're cool now. ;)

8. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

wasn't there a post where he said he had more fish experience than the ppl at tropic isle........lol.......i mean tropic isle might be a bit expensive and sometimes it's hard to get ppl to help you but i know that they know what they're doing....they been in bussiness for a long time......i remember going there with my dad when i was a little kid, of course back then i thought the place was huge!!!!

9. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Yep, he did say that I think.

10. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

ridiculous.......

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

lol what have i missed? I hope that I didnt do anything wrong, I just get so pissed when I tell this kid over and over and over that he is going to need huge tanks for these fish, and he continues to follow the 1" per gallon rule. I appologize if my messages have offended anyone on this subject matter, but I tell it like it is, especially when it comes to the health and "happiness" of fish kept in tanks. The way I feel is that if your willing to remove something from its home and keep it as a pet you better dang well be able to provide as good of a home as your removing it from, if not better.

12. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Had you done something wrong I would have told you. LoL Don't worry about it, you were only telling him the truth.

13. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I just dont want people here thinking I was ripping this kid a new one for no reason. I have told this guy the same thing so many times that I had given up, but this time I saw an already mature fish that was going into a tank suitable for this fish as a baby and lost it. I applaud anyone who rescues anything, but that was like rescuing a dog and then beating it to death.

14. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

haha...the only thing you missed is us still talking about this kid that can't even log in to read the comments we're leaving about him now....lol......tell him to come back anthony just so he can check it out and then ban him again.....lmao.....

15. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

LoL, I sent him an E-mail. I'm waiting to see if he responds to it at all.

16. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

If he is that young, he will probably come in here lurking under another screen name...

17. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

true.......

18. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

good maybe he will reread the posts I have written him over the past three months and have an epiphany.

19. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I know his IP address, that won't happen. Not easily anyway.

20. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Anthony you are entirely too good at this stuff.