1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

I just spent an entire paycheck on Endler's!!!

Discussion in 'Livebearer Fish' started by MasterBlue, Mar 13, 2010.

1. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Thread Starter Active Member

lol! So, I've had a strong interest in these fish for a VERY long time now, but just could never find any when I had money to buy them... But, at any rate, I finally got lucky... Too lucky.

So, with my paycheck in the bank I set out, with the goal in mind to get some Endler's. After a little time of searching (I did alot of window shopping this week, lol)
    I found a good deal on aquabid, 10 "Tiger Endler's", which we assume are hybrids. The same seller actually offered to sell me some black bar Endler's, which are more likely to be pure enough for me to be satisfied.

Then, at my local pet store, after pestering the owner some, I managed to get him to order me a few from his supplier. These fish I can guarantee are inbred and hybrids, but also might offer me a little hope for piecing back together the entire wild strain... I find the idea of getting all the available wild types together and keeping them in one tank a thrilling idea.

At any rate, I've spend close to 80 USD on just these orders here... And that doesn't include the new drift wood, salt, food, air stones, and other needed additives to the tank.

... And I forgot to get new sand!

2. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Are you located in Va?

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Tisk tisk for not ordering from me. LoL Congrats on the fish though. :D

4. MasterBlue

No, I live in Louisiana....

I never said I was done =3 In a few weeks I might be looking for more to add to my stock. What "type" do you have, and are they hybrids?

5. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Only pure class N Endler's here. I have Center Peacocks and Black Bars.

6. MasterBlue

OOOOHHHH!!! How much for a few Center Peacocks pairs?

7. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I charge $12 for a trio.

8. MasterBlue

How about for shipping? (To Baton Rouge, Louisiana)

9. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Normally runs about $8-10 I believe for USPS Priority. Overnight is about $35ish.

10. MasterBlue

=D My fish just arrived! (The mail man, a fellow who looked younger than me, was tossing my fish up and down like a ball... He got an ear full!) They are all looking good so far. My male fancy guppy seems to have already made friends, altho he will never get to mingle with them. He's getting a fish bowl as soon as I open there bags.... I'll update later on how they are doing.

11. MasterBlue

--update
    I just saw a little fry swimming about!
    do they normally have giant stomachs on there first few days?

12. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Yep that's perfectly normal. It's part of their egg sac that they'll use up in the next couple days.

13. MasterBlue

Ok, good. I'm used to the dwarf livebearers, they come out looking ready to eat as soon as they poof out =P

14. MasterBlue

Next few days I'll be trying to make room for either one new tank, or clean out my closet and have a custom case built for two tanks. Either way, new tanks are going up soon. And in them, I hope to put some of Anthony's fish. I might make the typical tank that's just specific to the type in it, then the second one will hold a mixed lot of N class endler's. Sorta mix the the "wild types" into being wild again, lol!