1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

I need help figuring out where/how to fit upper filter

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by san_sam, May 1, 2010.

1. san_sam

san_sam Thread Starter New Member

I din't get that...

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

okay, if your using the 1 piece of wood/slat by the cut out square..then simply add another allowing you enough room to place the filter between the two..then you mount straps (at least 2) attaching one end to the wood/slat by the cut out square and one end to the newly added wood/slat.
    You'll use these straps/shoelaces/etc to hold your filter up..it will rest ON these straps.

You will adjust the straps until the filter sits just beneath your wood canopy..then you can drill a small hole to the wood/slat and tie it into place...or even use a small galvanized wood screw and screw the strap in place.

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

4. san_sam

Bravo.. :D I got that.. Wait I will draw a picture of the idea and attach it.. :D

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

okays, I think that would be the safest idea..as it wouldn't be permanent (could always remove extra slat if you were to add addtl. equipment or change what you have now)...and if you use a small galvanized screw and SLOWLY screw it into place hopefully your wood won't crack. I'd suggest putting a small piece of duct tape where you plan on adding the screw (entrance and exit point) for added precaution.

6. san_sam

Like this.. ?
    01052010044.jpg

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Sloppy Red Line being 1 Strap..2nd being not shown.

(straps under the bottom of the filter to hold it up)..if you can do them on top then even better!

IF you have to add another slat/piece of wood you can probably add it right into the larger opening and attach the other side to the front face of the wooden canopy.
    01052010044.jpg

8. san_sam

Thank u thank u so much Dawn.. I am a lot relieved now.. I will work on the idea with my brother in the morning tomorrow.. I thought I could start arranging the stuff tomorrow.. But it seems it is going to take some time.. Let us hope it is all for the best.. It is 2.00 a.m here in India and I really gotta go to bed since I have my spainsh class in the morning... I am really thankful to you and the forum.. I wanna know ur real name.. :D This is Sangiah :D

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I'm glad your relieved, but you need to be getting rest for your classes.
    Classes first..fish tank project in between. LoL!

My name is Dawn (hence the Mod_Dawn)..and good luck with the tank!
    Love the canopy and stand..nice color wood (reminds me a bit of cherry wood).

10. san_sam

LOL!! Yeah I got late to the class yesterday too because of all breaking the head with the tank thing... :p It is a pleasure meeting u Dawn.. :) You are so helpful.. :) Thank you so much.. I loved the color and that is why I picked it.. Totally worth the money.. I will see you tomorrow then.. :) Good evening :D Take care.. :D