1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

if had huge tank & staff to care what would you stock?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by Anonymous, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

If you could have a HUGE aquarium and the staff to help care for it. What kind of tank would you want and the creatures inside???

:D :D

2. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

Re: Questions of the Day!

I would want something like I saw on a show on tv. It was almost a mini indoor ocean with a reef.

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I would probably do a big reef tank, with some smaller sharks, squid, etc etc... Basically just like the ocean.

4. Cory Lover

Cory Lover New Member

I'd do a reef tank, with batfish, gobies, blennies, and tangs.

5. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Shoot, I would just own the Georgia Aquarium! :)

6. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Lake Malawi:)

7. Ms. Wright

Ms. Wright Member

Probably just a 150 (or could I do three 55's in this wish list?) designed and planted by Takashi Amano.
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.akva.sk/phpBB2/fotenie.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.akva.sk/phpBB2/fotenie.php</a>
    Small colorful fishes, maybe a huge school of threadfin rainbows.
    Of course, one could always go a bit larger :D
    <a class="postlink" href="http://ts1.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=271845491032&id=d3b83cda0cd71ac7cbdf4dad30f43a9d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ts1.images.live.com/images/thumb ... ad30f43a9d</a>
    or better yet :)
    <a class="postlink" href="http://farm1.static.flickr.com/174/374523183_f68edb5a76.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://farm1.static.flickr.com/174/3745 ... db5a76.jpg</a>

8. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Re: Heres a Question for everyone

Who wouldn't want a tank designed by Amano:)

9. Ms. Wright

Ms. Wright Member

Just need a larger house. Hell we had to put house jacks under the corner of this old farmhouse to put in my 150; it weighs about as much as my hubby's truck. :)

10. James0816

James0816 New Member

Definately a full wall reef.....no doubt.

But for sakes of doing it myself...I still dream of making a smaller wall version for freshwater to include a waterfall and rain (that's how the water changes will be done).

Don't laugh...it's my dream...and it could happen...if the angels win the pennant. ;o)

11. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I have been loooking at homes lately and as i am looking i am planning on where i coudl put a HUGE tank inside... i really think it would be awesome to have a HUGE reef tank with all kinds of critters in it!!

12. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

You should look for a house that is on concrete, that way you dont have to worry about tank size and weight! I recently decided not to get a 250 gallon tank because I would have had to put it in the garage thats in the back yard. What fun is a tank you cant enjoy all day long? Anyway, I hope I didnt burst your bubble, I just wanted you to think about that now instead of when its too late!

13. js1218

js1218 New Member

got a small tank and still have a staff to look after it

14. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

i want a peice of amazon divide the tank into 3 peices one full planted filled with tons of discus angels etc another halfly planted filled with a huge school of pihranas and last one filler with rays arowana and rare fishes

15. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Well if it had to be any size I want to and it doesnt have to fit in our house,, I'd go for susch an awesome walk-trough tank,, simulated like the ocean,, I'd definatly spend all of my free time in that :)

16. LemonDiscus

I actually suggested this to my wife to do a wall through tank when we get our new house.! They are AWESOME! She abruptly said "NO, your not busting a hole in the wall to put in a fish tank!" grrrrr.

Maybe I can convince her between now and a few months into having the house.

17. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Haha,, I'd love to see you doing that without getting really hurted by your wife,, ^^ So you found a house btw ^^

18. GOT MTS?

GOT MTS? Member

I know a women with an in ground swimming pool that breed bullfrogs. She fed them cat food. I think the bull frogs moved in after she drained her pool and it filled with rain water.

If I could I would build a large pond/water garden and keep koi and turtles like at the Brooklyn gardens in New York.

19. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I would do the amazon but it would be a complete eco system with plants, fish and reptiles maybe some birds also. I have already decided to make a huge tank when I build my house ( at some point heh )

20. LemonDiscus

Actually that is kind of funny you said that.... My wife did agree on letting me build an aviary..... hmmmmm..... the only issue is that my 1 bird is from Africa :) would not carry the theme!