1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

I'm buying a new filter tomorrow...my 1st canister

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by Anthony, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

New filter tomorrow

So I decided to use some of my Christmas money to buy my new filter tomorrow. [dancing] I'll probably end up paying extra to just buy it from Pet Forum tomorrow afternoon so I can get it running before Jake and I leave on Monday to go to VT for 11 days. Before the new saltwater "experts" took over and the new manager was put in place they carried Fluval and I Marineland canisters. I think I'd rather have an XP3/4 but from what I've read most people are happy with their Fluval's so I'll probably pick one of those up tomorrow to test out. Can you believe this will be my very first canister filter ?! :)

2. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Re: New filter tomorrow

Wow, that is hard to believe, my first and only one was that Magnum 350... I like it, but still want some more! :)

The addiction that is known as "Fish Keeping!"

3. Anthony

Well, I had a HOT Magnum but I don't count that. I'm looking forward to all the media containers. LoL

4. Anthony

So I ended up getting a Marineland C-220 filter. First impressions review coming soon (after I eat). :)

5. Ms. Wright

Ms. Wright Member

Hehe, read my post in the best/worst experience thread. That was it for me and canisters. :D
    I did have a Tidepool sump filter under my 150, but my Cyps kept jumping into the box on the back, and I'd find them down in the sump part. Salmon wannabes, I guess. :D
    I really like the Fluval submersibles/ they're affordable, easy to use, and give a lot of surface agitation if you position them high enough.

6. Anthony

I have a Fluval submersible I use in one of my freshwater tanks. It's a great filter.