1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Is my 30g overstocked, understocked, or just right?

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by stephaniebray, Sep 9, 2009.

1. stephaniebray

stephaniebray Thread Starter New Member

Its a 30 gal...I have in the tank:
    5 tiger barbs(2 are albino)
    2 gold barbs
    1 paradise gourami
    1 pleco
    1 molly
    2 danios

do you think my tank is well stocked, under stocked, or over stocked?? 30 gall and all the fish are listed above. I also have 2 live plants.

2. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Its about as stocked as I myself would take it (maybe a bit overstocked) But keep in mind I keep fish that are MUCH different than you! Mine are picky about water quality.... (I have a 30 with 2 fish, a 20 with 2 fish, a 55 with 2 fish (these will go to my display soon) and a 125 with 3 discus, 4 cardinal tetras and 3 corys (I lost most of my cardinals when I had an algae outbreak back about 6 months ago))

You have mostly smaller fish so...

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

What type of pleco is it that you have?
    But regardless, I'd definately say on the overstocked side.

-->Keep up with your partials on a regular basis and make sure the amount being removed is adequate enough

4. WarthogWilly

WarthogWilly New Member

i think it sounds about right, perfectly stocked, unless its like a 12" pleco, if its a little guy, i think its perfect, weekly water changes and they should thrive.