1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Fungus / Cotton Is this Fungus?

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases & Cures' started by jrow8162, Feb 11, 2010.

1. jrow8162

jrow8162 Thread Starter Member

He is replacing these. He guarantees his fish for 3 days. Held these for a week before he let them go. He admitted to me the other night that he got a little ahead of himself and sold his last shipment too soon. He's being extra careful this time. This is the last time. If these dont work out i'm getting my money back and that will be the last Discus I buy from him. I will definitely keep you guys posted. I'm real curious to see how they turn out.

I bought one from him before that looked great but Devil Discus in my other tank chased him non stop and stressed him to the point of no recovery. My rookie mistake. I moved it about an hour later but it was too late at that point. I still have Devil Discus. Beautiful fish. Its a Hans Discus. Just never been in a tank with other Discus so its REALLY aggressive...

2. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

That is the aggression I always warn of with only 1 discus and you want to add more later...

3. jrow8162

Yep! I definitely want to move it with the other Discus. I just want to make sure they are a little bigger and are all healthy first. Would it be ok with the smaller Discus once i get the numbers up?

4. LemonDiscus

It should be... go guarantees though..

5. jrow8162

Yeah, i'm not thinking it would work out very well. I'm not sure what i'm gonna do with that fish. Its my first discus though so i'm pretty attached. By far the prettiest too! I may try to move it to the other tank once I have 5 or more. Its day two with the 2 replacement Discus and they are doing great! They had some frozen bloodworms this morning, live black worms when I got home from work, and some more frozen bloodworms about ten minutes ago. They are not shy when I walk up to the tank and dont mind having the tank lights on. I need to get the other 2 soonI have that I dont have all six at once.

6. LemonDiscus

I just lost my first discus a few days ago.... and one of my Heckels... needless to say I did a 150% water change on my 125.... water in while water goes out....

The tank is interesting now... I cant wait till I get my shipment in March - April...

7. jrow8162

Man, that sucks! I hate losing fish! Especially when you spend that much money on them!

8. LemonDiscus

You are not kidding!!!!

9. jrow8162

The two new ones are doing really well so far. I just did a 50% water change and tested the water. Everything still looks good. I took all of the gravel out. Figured I would keep it bare bottom. I did however take one of those media bags and put some gravel in it. Left it in the bottom of the tank to help keep the beneficial bacteria in there. Here is an updated pic from my phone...

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theexoticfish.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&p=57748#p57748" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&p=57748#p57748</a>