1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

i've added sand and need help clarifying my water

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by Anonymous, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Sand Substrate Advice
    My question is:

The other night I switched one of my 55g's from gravel to sand. I rinsed it fairly well into a tank that was half full of it's original water (wanted to keep the bacteria). I filled the rest with new water.

My water is dark brown now, which is usual of course. But, it has been so long since I've setup a sanded tank that I cannot remember how long the "cloudy" process lasts. I took 20% of the water today out and added new hoping it would make a dent in the clarity, but nothing.

So, what would be a good way to clear the water as soon as possible without using chemicals like Seachem Clarity?

Also, how well do "bubble wands" work in sanded aquariums. It will be fully planted so I'm going to need to put my bubble wand in there. Does it stir up the sand adding to cloudiness or?

Any advice would be great! [help]